controlling music from droid in car

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by nooge3491, Dec 14, 2009.

1. nooge3491

nooge3491 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i've been looking around the internet for a while now and i haven't been able to find any solutions, so if this has been asked already, forgive me haha.

so i have a droid and i love using it to play music in my car while i'm driving. right now i just use a cassette player since i do not have an aux port. i have a 1998 honda accord. it really bothers me that to change songs, i have to pick up the droid itself and control the music from it. not the best idea while you are driving. is there any way to easily and safely control music on your droid in the car? like some kind of bluetooth remote control or i don't know, like will i need a bluetooth compatible stereo?

please post any suggestions!

2. fmserc

fmserc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i would suggest a cd player with a usb input (most kenwoods are compatible). i charge my phone while listening to the music thats on the sd card. if you check out ebay/amazon etc.. you can find one for under $200. the tracks change on the cd player just like changing tracks on a cd.

3. Mars

Mars Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a cd deck that has both a USB port so I can charge my Droid via USB and also an AUX port so i can plug that into the 3.5mm jack on the Droid so i get to play music directly from the Droid and also charge it at the same time. The only hangup if it matters to u is having both wires hanging around and that can get a lil annoying.. My deck also has bluetooth capability so maybe i can try to play it that way but i havent messed with that yet.

hope this helps

4. Viktor Vaughn

Viktor Vaughn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been searching on this for a while too.

Are there any options beyond swapping out my deck?

5. summerfish

summerfish New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here is what my friends and I used to do. My friend has an mp3 jack and we would hook up my bluetooth dog tag to it and voila! A blueooth remote. It has the microphone on the dogtag itself and you can play, pause, forward, back, answer a call with stereo, and even fast forward or rewind with certain phones. So in your case the mp3 jack is the cassette adapter. Look on ebay for it. SO WORTH IT! They just discontinjed with verizon unfortunately.

Another possibility for you is to invest in an fm bluetooth transmitter like the motorola ROKR (T505) or the jabra one. They have play, pause, forward and back capabilities on the device while transmitting through fm to your radio. I loved my rokr.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  6. nooge3491

nooge3491 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i actually did order one of those from ebay! about a week ago. im happy that you were happy with it. still waiting for it to come, cant wait...its being shipped from like china lol

7. allikanbe

allikanbe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just a small hijack... I Google Goggled the pic 2 posts above to get more info on the item. The Droid took me straight to the Jabra BT3030 website and lots of reviews. Droid Does.

8. gentlefury

gentlefury Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Pioneer P4100DVD headunit with Bluetooth. It plays wonderfully over BT and has deck control over whatever music app I am using, including Pandora! Now they just need to update and allow it to send info on the screen.

9. stuhasdroid

stuhasdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mot motorokr t505

I just bought the Motorola MOTOROKR at Best Buy and am really pleased. Bluetooth hands free calling and FM transmitter for playing music over car audio system.

Works fine.

$89

10. skidemn

skidemn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There are a couple of solutions you can use, but by far the cheapest that will give you the best sound is a direct auxiliary input to the back of your radio. Your radio has a CD changer input which we have an adapter to convert to RCA. You can then use a 3.5mm to RCA adapter to listen to your Droid as if it were a CD changer so you get the best sound. Here's the link: Honda Auxiliary Input for 1998-2003 Radios - HON98AUX by: Precision

We do also have a Bluetooth interface that will give you hands free as well, but it is about twice the cost of what I mentioned. PM me if you are interested and I'll give you a coupon code for a discount on your order.

11. skidemn

skidemn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Auxiliary input for the back of the radio...

If you have a stock radio, let me know your make/model/year and I'll check for an auxiliary input for you.

12. roadrash

roadrash Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If I went with this solution, I assume a phone call would come over the speakers; however, wouldn't I need to unplug for the caller to hear my voice?

13. clyons077

clyons077 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hahaha me too... love it!

14. skidemn

skidemn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The call will come over the speakers as long as you are listening to the phone audio. If you are listening to the radio or some other source, you will need to switch to the phone source to listen to calls over the audio system.

You will not need to unplug the phone for the caller to hear because the phone only switches the audio output to the headphone plug while connected, the audio input stays live on the phone's mic.

15. roadrash

roadrash Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome. Thanks for quick reply. Now its time to figure out how hard it would be to install the aux adapter to my 99 civic.... :eek:)

Search tags for this page
2007 honda accord aux input location
2007 accord aux input
2007 honda accord usb input adapter for droid razr
can i play my android music in a 2003 honda accord
can i use the mot x touchless control to play music from my
how do i play music from my droid to my honda accord

how to listen to music from phone in 2009 honda accord

i have a 1998 honda accord does my cd player have bluetooth

jabra

music controlling device