Continual Force Closes, phone unusable

brendankruse

Reaction score
I just upgraded my phone to Gingerbread, and installed Liberty Rom v.9. Was running fine and then I went to the liberty customizer and reset after I made changes. Since then I cannot get it to load properly. As soon as I boot up I get to the lock screen and then all these apps try to force close continually i can never get to the screen behind. I had a backup on my sd card (or thought I did) and can't find it. When I try to reload the rooted gingerbread, it gets to the very end of the install and then fails and says 'status 7'

Not sure how to fix this. Also, important I might have went in and deleted a bunch of things on the SD card I was not suppose to. I deleted a bunch of folders belonging to certain apps, and that is probably why I am getting the continual force closes. Anyone know how to go in an delete those apps all together so them closing is not an issue?

When I boot reload I used to be able to get to the CWM recovery now I am getting the "android system recovery" which has far less options. When I try to install any zips from here it says failed to verify whole-file signature, signature verification failed.

Please any help anyone could give would be greatfully appreciated. I am thinking if there is a way to ensure that my CWM as opposed to Android System Recovery, that would be helpful. And then once that's done, maybe I can get a copy of a nandroid backup, to reflash, to get it up and running again. ANY ideas or suggestions please! Thanks!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hold "X" while booting up, followed by pressing the magnifying glass at the "triangle." You should be at the "Android Recovery." You can try a cache/data wipe.