Contacts Question-Help (Droid & Outlook)

mrsr71

Reaction score
The contacts on my laptop (MS Outlook) are dissimilar to the contacts on my stock original Motorola Droid. I’d like them to be the same. How does one accomplish this?

Thanks…Dan

doniago

Reaction score
Could you provide more information as to how they are dissimilar? All by itself that's rather vague...

OP
M

mrsr71

Reaction score
Could you provide more information as to how they are dissimilar? All by itself that's rather vague...

Sure can :biggrin:

I have contacts that are in Outlook and not on the Droid and, vise-versa. I’d like them both to match :yahoo:

harrellj

Reaction score
OP
M

mrsr71

Reaction score
For a one-time deal, exporting from Outlook into .csv and importing into google.com/contacts would work. But for a true sync, there's a bit more to be done. Sync outlook Contacts with Gmail Contacts - Gmail Help is a whole thread of people suggesting different solutions as is How to sync Gmail contacts with Outlook contacts? - Gmail Help. Once the contacts are synchronized in Google Contacts, they'll come down to the phone automatically.

Thanks so much dancedroid

OP
M

mrsr71

Reaction score
For a one-time deal, exporting from Outlook into .csv and importing into google.com/contacts would work. But for a true sync, there's a bit more to be done. Sync outlook Contacts with Gmail Contacts - Gmail Help is a whole thread of people suggesting different solutions as is How to sync Gmail contacts with Outlook contacts? - Gmail Help. Once the contacts are synchronized in Google Contacts, they'll come down to the phone automatically.

Thanks so much dancedroid
I downloaded Sync2 and all worked perfectly.

Now, one more question: how do I get the synced Google contacts into my Droid?

harrellj

Reaction score
They should come down automatically. You might have to go into the contacts app on the Droid and click on menu > display options. Make sure that whatever group your contacts are in is visible.

OP
M

mrsr71

Reaction score
They should come down automatically. You might have to go into the contacts app on the Droid and click on menu > display options. Make sure that whatever group your contacts are in is visible.

Got 'em :icon_ banana: Once again thanks :clap:

harrellj

Reaction score
No problem. This is definitely the time of year to have current contact information for people on a smartphone.