How can I transfer my Outlook contacts to the Droid

Trip

Reaction score
Eaiest way I've found is to export them to a csv file, then import them into your g-mail contacts, then they will get downloaded to your phone automatically.

OP
W
Reaction score
I am not very computer literate, is there a place with step by step instructions on this process?

Trip

Reaction score
1. Go into Outlook, hit the Contacts section on the bottom left of the screen.

2. Click File, Import/Export, select Export to File, hit next

3. Select Comma Seperated Values (DOS), hit next

4. Select Contacts, hit next

5. Click browse, and go to a spot on your computer thats easy to find (Desktop works nicley), hit next

6. Click finish

7. Go into your G-Mail mail on the web

8. To the left of your in-box click Contacts

9. On the top right of the contacts box click Import

10. Browse to the csv file we saved earlier, hit Open

11. Hit Import

12. Done, contacts should be imported to G-Mail, and will download to your Droid shortly, might take a few minutes so be patient.

OP
W
Reaction score
THANK YOU!!!!!!!

I will try this tonight.

Any idea if they will have some type of desktop manager for the droid?

Is there any need (or way) to back up the phone?

Trip

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by desktop manager...

As far as backing up the phone, if you mean contacts and email, the contacts will be pushed to G-mail so they are backed up there, as to email, if you are using exchange, they will still be on the exchange server, same with G-mail, if you are using POP3 then you might need to find some way of backing them up, easiest would be to just leave them on the server, then check your mail from a desktop computer at work or home and have that computer delete them from the server, that way they will be in 2 places.

OP
W
Reaction score
Great, thank you again.

Is there anyway to get yahoo mail on the Droid? I have been looking but not having any luck. (wonder if google is preventing this for some reason)