Contact Pictures--LauncherPro Widgets / Icons

jfrost1920

Reaction score
The problem I've been having is that after I got my phone it syncs all my facebook contacts with the contacts in Gmail. A lot of the people I have in my gmail contact list have FB accounts. So, with my awesome new phone, I just click "link contacts" and the two are linked. It puts their Facebook picture up and now when I get an incoming call or click on their contact, I have a picture of them (whatever their FB picture is). Okay, pretty standard. BUT, when I add the new LauncherPro People widget, all I get are blanks. I get the names, but not their pictures. The only pictures I get are pictures of the contacts that DON'T have FB accounts; the pictures are the ones I added to those non-FB people. I have tried going in and un linking, I tried adding new pictures, I tried removing and adding pictures. I can not get it to work. This goes for any of the contact shortcuts, direct dial shortcuts, etc. How the heck do you do this. I've spent a couple hours now messing with it. I'm tired of looking at a blank silhouette icon instead of real faces and pictures. If anyone can help, I will give you a dollar!! Thanks a lot!!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hi Jfrost! I can't help you but I'd like to :welcome: you to the forum :D I'm sure someone that has the X will come along shortly to help. Good luck :D

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The problem I've been having is that after I got my phone it syncs all my facebook contacts with the contacts in Gmail. A lot of the people I have in my gmail contact list have FB accounts. So, with my awesome new phone, I just click "link contacts" and the two are linked. It puts their Facebook picture up and now when I get an incoming call or click on their contact, I have a picture of them (whatever their FB picture is). Okay, pretty standard. BUT, when I add the new LauncherPro People widget, all I get are blanks. I get the names, but not their pictures. The only pictures I get are pictures of the contacts that DON'T have FB accounts; the pictures are the ones I added to those non-FB people. I have tried going in and un linking, I tried adding new pictures, I tried removing and adding pictures. I can not get it to work. This goes for any of the contact shortcuts, direct dial shortcuts, etc. How the heck do you do this. I've spent a couple hours now messing with it. I'm tired of looking at a blank silhouette icon instead of real faces and pictures. If anyone can help, I will give you a dollar!! Thanks a lot!!

Facebook is an evil thing that comes straight from the depths of hell itself. Get rid of Facebook, problem solved!

Not what you wanted to hear. Well, no dollar for me. Actually no dollar for anyone all advise, even poor advise like mine is free.

Unfortunately I do not work with Facebook so I really can't help you. As Corina said hopefully you'll get a decent answer to your question. I too want to :welcome: you to the Forum.

Would anybody else be willing to give this question a try?

chikibabe

Reaction score

I think Launcherpro uses the "People widget" and the "people widget" that's in the market states that FB contacts does not work. If you just have Launcherpro, FB contacts show up just fine when people are calling in, that's the case for me anyways.

1694kyle

Reaction score
Same problem here. I'd love to see some beautiful faces in my people widget that I paid 2.99 for. I emailed the developer, but havent heard back...

Vinaaga

Reaction score
Works on Original Droid. Downloaded app, ran sync, it gave this nice animation of each pic as it was downloaded to the phone, then I just reloaded the people widget and pics were there.

Very nice

pnazz

Reaction score
The link that dirty x provided worked on my Droid X as far as I can see, I'll keep you posted. But the app is in the market and it's called "syncmypix" ..give it a shot.