contaacting Google

shmoo

Reaction score
This question didn't realyy fit anywhere here so I thought this was the best place for it. I've got a question about syncing an email account with my droid and wanted to ask someone from google directly. Does anyone know how I could get ahold of them. Thanks for the help guys!!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You might have luck posting your question here, most of us have Droids and Google/Email Accounts

OP
shmoo

shmoo

Reaction score
I'm a student at Boise State, and my school email is a gmail account tho it doesn't end in @ gmail.com. i would like to sync it to me phone so that I don't miss anything. I tried adding an account and signing in with it but that didn't work. Is there something special I have to do or is it even possible? Thanks for the help all!!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree, you're better off posting here; I don't believe Google HAS a tech support department, per se. Not for general questions, anyways.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm a student at Boise State, and my school email is a gmail account tho it doesn't end in @ gmail.com. i would like to sync it to me phone so that I don't miss anything. I tried adding an account and signing in with it but that didn't work. Is there something special I have to do or is it even possible? Thanks for the help all!!

The thing is, I think your school is using Google apps to handle it's mail server duties, but that isn't a true Gmail account. Thus, you cannot use it as the main account on the phone and sign into it the way you would with a true Gmail account on Google's servers.

You have to set it up on your phone as an IMAP or POP3 account depending on what your account settings are. Set it up through the Mail application.

EDIT: I think when you configure it, you still set the POP and SMTP servers to gmail.com since their servers are hosting your school email.