constant reboots

Domestic violence

Reaction score
Bought my Nex on launch day. Outfitted it with an extended battery and silicone case. Very minor 'no receptions' and minimal reboots.

Last night, it power cycled at least a dozen times and never fully booted. I happened upon a VZW store and the manager takes the phone. Almost an hour later, he has no explanation other than to wipe the phone. I told him i had hundreds of pics tha i didnt copy and i needed then.

What does he do? Gets on google and searches for solutions. Hes on here, xda and androidcentral reading forums.

I said hey buddy, i dont want my phone repaired by verizon via forums. Can you replace my phone? Oh, no. I cant do that.i asked whT i was supposed to do for a phone.... he says he can loan me a 3g device but my lte sim would fry.

I politely asked for his card and left the store way after closing.... with a still rebooting phone.

When i got back to my office, i pulled the battery, connected the charger, put it all back together and its working fine.

Wtf.

Im about to call and ask for a new replacement. Not a clnr.

Creed

Reaction score
That is called bootloop. It happens on occasion for a long list of reasons. Nothing to replace your phone over, often software is to blame, not hardware.

A few questions:
Are you running a custom ROM?
Are you running a custom Kernal?
Did you try to install a new boot animation?
Did you try to install a new recovery?
Did you do anything to your phone that you probably shouldn't of?

In the future, if that happens, hold the volume buttons and the power button together and when it boots into fastboot mode click the volume button until you see "Recovery Mode." When you see that, click your power button and then select "data wipe" doing this WILL NOT DELETE YOUR PHOTOS but will delete all of your apps and stuff like that.

Seeing as it was last night, I am going to guess that you were using Franco Kernal 14. If you were, update to 14.1 and all is well.

Creed

Reaction score
Also, in the future, if you want help give some useful information. All I could gleam from your post was that you had a phone, the verizon worker was incompetent, and that it bootloops. The more information you can give the higher the likelihood is that someone can actually assist you.

OP
Domestic violence

Domestic violence

Reaction score
Completely stock gnex.

No new apps loaded... nothing changed at all. Bam... bootloop.