Considing the Jump?

HikenGruven

Reaction score
So I won't lie, I made the jump to an iPhone 5C on Verizon. The main reason for this was that I needed a phone that I could stick an international sim card into, which the iPhone does quite well. My wife has travelled in Africa in developing areas that had GSM networks and her phone worked fine. According to a conversation I had with a Verizon rep this morning, they said that was possible with this phone. Does everybody concur?

The iPhone has it positives, but I'm really hating iOS7. I came from a Galaxy Nexus and it honestly left a sour taste in my mouth. The reception to this day is awful. At the end of the day, I need my phone to be a phone and actually make calls. Almost every online Moto X forum I've looked at is dead quiet, other than a random comment regarding the lousy camera, which hopefully a software update will fix. Please Big Red, don't screw this up. The quietness is my opinion is a good sign. How are people doing on the 16 gigs only?

I also appreciate that the Moto X is a little smaller than my Galaxy Nexus, but not as small as an iPhone 5C. The Galaxy models are just to big for me.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I came from an iPhone 5 (having owned a 4s before that, an HTC Thunderbolt before that, and a Droid 1 before that). I like this phone better than my iPhone 5. iPhone 5 felt terrible in my hand, dropped it a few times because of it. The thin'ness was just awkward and terrible to hold for long periods of time. I didn't like the sound quality and iOS 7 was ... well, never liked iOS except for no Verizon Adware.

If you go to Motorola Moto X specs - scroll down to Technology. It has a GSM radio. I imagine you'd just have to slip in a sim chip? Not 100% sure.

After having used iOS 5-6-7 for the last few years, I'm LOVING Android. Loving that I can use Google Keep and Google Radio. The phone feels AMAZING in my hands. I'm very happy with screen size, screen quality, call quality, and the weight in my hand. The dimple in the back of the phone, at first I thought was funny, is something I use ALL the time now texting. The only negative is the battery is definitely not as strong as the iPhone 5 - standby time especially. But I work a desk job so I'm fine with that.

I had 16GB on all my iPhones and averaged 10GB free. I did what I needed to on my Chromebook, laptop, and recently Nexus 7 2013 tablet. My 2013 tablet has 19GB free. My Moto X has 9.6GB free at the moment. I'm a little worried about it, but I use my phone for communication, quick browsing, and texting. I have my tablet and laptop if I wanna do anything with size. I just want my phone to be mobile.

Yes, Galaxy models were way too big for me too. Just too uncomfortable to hold in the hand. I held the Moto X, saw the 50GB Drive offer.... SOLD!

TatDroid

Reaction score
And yes, there's already been a software update that has improved the camera. Motorola did a very interesting thing - they made the camera software separate from the operating system, so they can push camera updates to the Play Store, without having to go through the long, complicated process of pushing a system update. Genius.