Phone that can take international sim cards?

HikenGruven

Reaction score
I'm making my final decision on a phone upgrade my VZW GNex and have a specific need that I haven't had in the past. I might being doing some international travel in the next two years, therefore I need a VZW phone with global capability. My wife's iPhone 4S does this extremely well by simply switching out the SIM card. She can even buy local SIM cards (much cheaper than Verizon rates). It needs to be used in Africa, Asia, etc. I was considering the Moto X, but it looks like I'm out of the luck there. Are there any other phones on VZW capable of this? Otherwise I might need to make the jump to iPhone.

newbroot83

Reaction score
Arent all the razrs compatible with sims outside of the us? I believe they are onky gsm locked in the us.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

sonyjohn

Reaction score
International Roaming

Hi all
I am a business man,i needed yo travel around US,UK,UAE,Middle East & some part of Australia.I was pretty wondered to see how an international service provider like xxsim produce services around the globe.They have some options like

1.The management of all SIM cards in one single account
2.Post Paid payment possible
3.Recharge and pay by wire transfer OPTIONS
4.Email alert in the case of crossing your limits

Hope it works for you gentleman

xxsim supports all the gsm supported mobile devices.

officerbill

Reaction score
Check the vzw website for global phones. I have a RAZR Maxx that I have used with local sim cards in 4 different countries.
The gsm is locked out only in the US.
You might also revert to 3g depending on the country.