Considering the Nexus, Help with a couple questions pleaseee

Reaction score
Hello all. Forgive me if these questions are all answered somewhere but I was hoping for the most current information and opinions.

1. After rooting and tweaking for optimal battery life... What kind of lifespan do you see? Moderate or Heavy Use?

2. What is the actual amount of internal storage after its formatted? Like when you get a 16gb micro sd, you don't actually end up with 16gb.

3. I would be coming from a D1 and the headphone jack was the worst part of the phone for me by far. Anybody have any issues with it shorting out or anything?

4. Last but not least... What is the best deal on it right now?
I am eligible for my upgrade and it would be my first 4g phone. I don't if there is any other information that might help but just let me know.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

kookk

Reaction score
After finding the right kernel (lean kernel) and the right from(code name) this was my battery life attached down there. Stock battery. 2 hours of on screen time, pretty moderate use in my opinion

I believe the storage was like 28.88 left. Don't quote me on that

I haven't had any problems with the headphone jack. I use it everyday. I like its placement because I can put it my pocket in the position I pull it out in

Last I heard Costco and amazon had good deals.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Last edited:

Syraz

Reaction score
1. I have gotten anywhere from 12 to 24hours of battery after rooting on moderate use

2. think it is around 28gb

3. bottom of phone seems like a bad spot, I never use headphones so I don't know how it works in use

4. amazonwireless has it $99 on new contract 223$ on upgrade

OP
droidaddict101
Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks guys. It's between this and a Razr Maxx. Razr Max because of micro sd slot (would love more space) and the "bigger/better" battery. But man would I miss flashing and tweaking everything. Thanks again.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
1. moderate to heavy use it can last all day, easy.

2. Around 28 or 29gb, forget off the top of my head.

3. No problems with my aux jack, use with both stock headphones, pair of senheissers, and beater pair of skullcandy earbuds. Also use an Aux jack in my car, no problems.

4. Best deal would be outside of Verizon. I think Amazon may be the lowest right now, but I haven't checked recently.

OP
droidaddict101
Reaction score
1. moderate to heavy use it can last all day, easy.

2. Around 28 or 29gb, forget off the top of my head.

3. No problems with my aux jack, use with both stock headphones, pair of senheissers, and beater pair of skullcandy earbuds. Also use an Aux jack in my car, no problems.

4. Best deal would be outside of Verizon. I think Amazon may be the lowest right now, but I haven't checked recently.

Yeah I just made the rounds of the online pricing. I couldn't figure out the costco site though, don't know if they don't do upgrades or what but it looked like only new contracts.

Edit: Oh I forgot about the signal issues. Is that still a problem? and is it based by area or a phone by phone basis?

Last edited:

shanimal92

Reaction score
Hello all. Forgive me if these questions are all answered somewhere but I was hoping for the most current information and opinions.

1. After rooting and tweaking for optimal battery life... What kind of lifespan do you see? Moderate or Heavy Use?

2. What is the actual amount of internal storage after its formatted? Like when you get a 16gb micro sd, you don't actually end up with 16gb.

3. I would be coming from a D1 and the headphone jack was the worst part of the phone for me by far. Anybody have any issues with it shorting out or anything?

4. Last but not least... What is the best deal on it right now?
I am eligible for my upgrade and it would be my first 4g phone. I don't if there is any other information that might help but just let me know.

Thanks in advance

Nexus is the doo-doo

1. All day. Im on franco #17 w/Liquid rom and ill come home at 9 at night with %50 left after streaming/playing music all day w/ 1.5-2 hrs screen time.
2. 28.13GB
3. Prolly amazon. i believe its $230 with renewal.

get this phone. if you love tweaking and rom flashing then this is the phone for you. youre a bum if you dont buy... just sayin.

Syraz

Reaction score
The reception thing is an odd thing, first remember the classic customer service tip of "a person shares a good experiance with a couple people, a person who has a bad experiance tells everyone" people in areas do have reception issues, not everyone though, I have had NONE I go all around Portland always great signal

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I use the headphone jack almost daily and it works great. I plug in the phones and then put the phone in my pocket top down so the jack on the bottom has worked out really well. I get great signal and great battery life also btw! DancingNexus

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I've had problems with the signal but then again, I live in a none 4g area. I took it back after 2 days. But im thinking of getting it again just because I miss ICS and unlocked bootloader.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
droidaddict101
Reaction score
I've had problems with the signal but then again, I live in a none 4g area. I took it back after 2 days. But im thinking of getting it again just because I miss ICS and unlocked bootloader.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

So did you happen to notice during the outcry of signal issues if being in a 3g area had any correlation with the problems? My area doesn't have 4g so... yeah.

Last edited: