Connecting Droid to computer

Discussion in 'Android Support' started by sherwizzle, Jan 23, 2010.

1. FWPhoto

FWPhoto Member

Ratings:
    +1
    A solution that worked for me...

I am having issues with getting my Droid to mount. The phone chimes "Droid" when I plug it in and mount it plus the puter has that pretty little chime that lets me know it felt something "poke" it too lol. The problem is when I go to "My Computer" I do not see it listed there as a device and I don't get that nice little bubble to tell me it's found new hardware and it's installed and playing nicely with the puter. I went to the device manager and do see it listed there as a external drive and it say it's working fine. All things seem to be in place but being able to actually access the damn device....ugh.

OK...I am running 7 Pro on this machine and the hubby's laptop has XP Pro. It mounts up like butter to his laptop. I have found a solution that works for me...not sure if it will work for all. I have heard that some who run 7 had no issues mounting...I was not one of those lucky souls. I went to MS and dl'd Windows XP Mode. It runs as a virtual machine inside 7. You can use this if you have Pro or Ultimate. It is a bit of a hassle but I wanted to play with my Droid on my puter...not the hubby's. Installing wasn't so bad and didn't take all that long. It did make my net stop working so I had to release and renew the adapters in both 7 and XP Mode with the cmd prompt. Give it a shot...if it doesn't work just do a restore or uninstall. Good luck to anyone who tries.

Search tags for this page
can hp envy connect to android phone
connect droid dna to computer
connect droid to computer wirelessly
connecting droid 4 to computer
connecting droid to computer
connecting droid to computer wireless
droid a855 connect to pc

how to connect droid to computer wirelessly

how to connect my droid to my computer
howtoconnectdroidprotocomputer