Connect only audio to TV?

do703

Reaction score
I have an HDTV with good built in speakers in the bedroom and would like to listen to MP3's on my Droid through those speakers. Is this possible?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting question! If you have a cable that connects to two give it a try. Please let us know the results.

Mike

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Very possible, you just need a 3.5 mm audio jack to rca. I do this in my vehicle as well as on my home stereo. As long as you have rca inputs you are good.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
yes, it will work... I did it one night with my D2. To be honest, I was trying to use a cable that went from 3.5 to audio AND video out. The video part did not work.... The audio did

OP
D

do703

Reaction score
WORKS! But only after significant troubleshooting. I thought that this should work as it is the way I listen in my car which has RLV inputs, however I could not get any audio. It was only by accident that I discovered that some input MUST also be in the video in for the TV to recognize that there is any audio in. Both my HDTV's work this way (Sony and Panasonic), go figure, I could not find this in the manual anywhere.