connect droid to ft server over 3g

painball64

Reaction score
im using andftp client to connects to my pc server. it connects fine over wifi but i cant find a faq or guide to get it to work over 3g. idk what im doin wrong to get it to connect over 3g. i have my ipv4 address used not the 192. im using filezilla with the standard 127.0.0.1 and 14147 port to set up my server. any help would be greatly appreciated

SGTiger

Reaction score
im using andftp client to connects to my pc server. it connects fine over wifi but i cant find a faq or guide to get it to work over 3g. idk what im doin wrong to get it to connect over 3g. i have my ipv4 address used not the 192. im using filezilla with the standard 127.0.0.1 and 14147 port to set up my server. any help would be greatly appreciated

Well I'm assuming that when you say you're not using 192, that you are trying to connect to your public IP address. In other words on your desktop, if you go to What Is My IP Address - Shows Your IP Address with your browser, that IP address that it reports back is the one you are trying to connect via 3G from your Droid.

You also have to setup your router to open up a port to your ftp server. In other words. Set up your router so that any traffic that comes in on port 14147 is routed to the lan ip address (for example: 192.168.1.10) of your FTP server.

Since you are able to connect via wifi, I am assuming any software firewall on the ftp server isn't blocking that port, but it could be setup to only block wan traffic and not block lan traffic. So temporarily turn off your software firewall if you continue to have problems so as to rule it out.

OP
P

painball64

Reaction score
Thanks ur the man. It was def a stupid fix. Lol forgot mcafee turns firewall on automatically. Thanks again

trev186

Reaction score
please help me too!

Ok so I played around more with this.

I disabled firewall on my router and un checked Wan blocking on my router as well. Please help

I am using my IP address shown on what is my ip to connect to my home computer over 3G

If I use Port 21 I get the following error:

Java.net.socket exception: Socket closed

addtionally the filezilla server interface shows nothing happening in the text area

If I change the port to 14147 I get the following error:

Java.net connect exception:
cpe-my ip address.socal.res.rr.com my ip address connection refused

I also setup port forwarding on my router for all of the following IP address

192.168.0.150 port 14147 and port 21

192.168.0.1 port 14147 and port 21

still no luck. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong. I know it is some stupid setting