Configuration of WiFi-Only Tablet

Guitar4Him

Reaction score
If you compare the various, Galaxy Tabs currently available (Verizon, AT&T, Sprint & TMobile) it becomes obvious that there are fairly significant differences between the way they are configured. There are differences in memory, accessibility to Bluetooth keyboards and mice, DivX compatibility, etc. Has there been any info available as to how the WiFi-only Tab is going to be configured, when available? I'm waiting for one of these but I'm concerned that it will end up configured in some manner that I won't like and I would have been better to have gotten one of the currently-available models (probably the TMobile version) and not waited so long....I want one bad....

Ken

Protegé

Reaction score
Maybe its just me but im pretty sure that it would be the same cost with or without the wireless chip for a 3g network. Meaning, I bought the galaxy tab, I use it for wifi only, and do not have a service plan. But I have the option of getting one.

Are you hoping for the price to go down if it was a wifi only version? Because I do not think that will happen - just look at the ipad.

OP
G

Guitar4Him

Reaction score
Well, I'm the OP.....just wanted to give an update. I broke down and got a T-Mobile Tab. They had a good sale going this past weekend. Actually, now that I have a Tab with 3G, I'm actually glad I got it configured this way. Always having to turn on the wireless tether on my Droid X when I'm not around wifi would get annoying. Unfortunately, here in the central part of NC, T-Mobile's 3G sucks, compared to Verizon. However, it always seems to have Edge available when the 3G coverage is lacking.

My advice....if you see a good deal on a Tab....especially a T-Mobile, get it....you won't regret it.

Ken