Compatibiilty with Honda HandsFree

stuntmole

Reaction score
Hello all - I'm due for a new phone w/Verizon, and have been torn between getting a Droid now or waiting till next month (maybe) to see what the Nexus One brings.

Anyway, I've been following all the anger about Android platforms not having "Bluetooth voice dialing capability," and wasn't sure if that's the same thing/protocol as when my current phone connects with my Honda Pilot via its HandsFree function.

The Honda lets me download my phone's addressbook, and I can tell it (or click it) to dial a specific contact. When I receive a call, the Honda just tells me over the car audio that I have an incoming call, and I press a button on the steering wheel to connect. The rest works via the car's built-in speakerphone.

With the Droid, would this feature no longer work?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
If the car downloads the contacts from the phone and you are giving input to the car to call someone (not the actual Droid), then I think this should work for you......I don't use that stuff personally, but I see where people have trouble with bluetooth going directly to the Droid....not what you're talking...from the what I understand, that should work.....

But you definitely need a second opinion other than mine on this topic......lol

Anyone??

ValkF6

Reaction score
That's the way it works with my car (BMW), but your best bet is to call your Honda dealer and find out if the Droid works with your car.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly. My Blue Ant Q1 headset works like that too. It has 8 presets in it and I can say "call speed dial 2" it will respond "did you say call speed dial 2" I'll say "yes" it will say "calling speed dial 2." All completely hands free.

Mark_V

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G4 Plus
Not to thread hijack but I'm having a problem with my Honda and Droid too. I've paired that phone with the car via Bluetooth. The car see's the phone and the phone see's the car. Someone will call me the car with ring threw the speakers I click the answer button and I can't hear them and they can't hear me. I can then turn Bluetooth off on my phone and take the call. This makes me very sad :(