Comparison maxx or maxx HD?

snowman

Reaction score
is there a difference between maxx and maxx HD if so what please
I'm getting a replacement from a junk D4 they offered a Razr Maxx
Thanks guys

stemo

Reaction score
The screen on the hd series is a little bigger than the razr/razr maxx and they have hd. Other than that I believe the internals are the same.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The HD is a newer phone, and so it will continue with updates and support for probably at least a year beyond the Droid RAZR MAXX. The Droid RAZR MAXX is a great phone (I have one), and it is still being supported but will be reaching "end of life" soon as they've already announced "end of life" is coming for the Droid RAZR.

The Droid RAZR MAXX runs on dual-core TI OMAP-4430 processor clocked at 1.2GHz . The Droid RAZR MAXX HD increased the processor speed to a 1.5GHz with a dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor *(thanks 4low4fun for the update).

The Droid RAZR MAXX HD has a 4.7-inch multitouch screen with a 1280 x 720 resolution. That blows the 960 X 540 screen of the Droid RAZR MAXX away.

The Droid RAZR MAXX has 16GB of internal storage and a MicroSD slot that (officially) supports up to a 32GB MicroSD card, although many have been successful in getting a 64GB card to work without incident. In contrast, the Droid RAZR MAXX HD comes with 32GB of internal storage. In the MAXX HD, the SIM card and SD card door is no longer accessible by fingernail but now requires a pin to be inserted into a tiny hole in the side. This makes for SD card changes that are less user-friendly but with 32GB of internal storage and a 32GB (or 64GB) SD card, do you really need to remove and replace the SD card all that much? Well maybe, if you want to move pics or videos to or from another device.

The Droid RAZR MAXX HD measures 131.9 x 67.9 x 9.3 mm and weighs 157 grams. The slightly smaller and lighter Droid RAZR MAXX is 130.7 x 68.9 x 9 mm and 145 grams.

Physically they are very similar in size, but in look and feel the MAXX HD certainly is a step above, with a full Kevlar back and nice sleek silver metal band around the sides. The MAXX HD has redesigned buttons and the jacks for USB and HDMI have been moved from the top of the phone to the side.

Both phones feature a massive 3300 mAh lithium-ion battery, though with the larger screen you might see slightly shorter battery life with the MAXX HD. The MAXX HD promises up to 21 hours of talk time, 13 hours of video playback or eight hours of web browsing on LTE.

The MAXX HD comes stock with Android Jelly Bean 4.1, whereas the Droid RAZR MAXX is still (officially) on Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 though there is leak for the Android Jelly Bean 4.2 here (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...lly-bean-leak-classroom-w-mattyp-friends.html).

Last edited:

GotnFX

Reaction score
is there a difference between maxx and maxx HD if so what please
I'm getting a replacement from a junk D4 they offered a Razr Maxx
Thanks guys

If you go on vz website you can compare the two. Besides the physical kb and battery, the D4 and maxx arent too different.

4low4fun

Reaction score
The screen on the hd series is a little bigger than the razr/razr maxx and they have hd. Other than that I believe the internals are the same.

The HD has a snapdragon s4 processor. WAY smoother than the tiomap processor in the og RAZR.

OP
snowman

snowman

Reaction score
Fox Kat and other thanks so very much I really appreciate it I'm just unhappy with the D4 it will be my 5 th in a year I have decided the D4 is junk and going to something else to run out another year of my contract I really appreciate the info from all that really helps a bunch warranty is up on the D4 in a few weeks and another internal speaker is bad!
Thanks again guys
verizon was good enough to finally give me something else to try

4low4fun

Reaction score
Fox Kat and other thanks so very much I really appreciate it I'm just unhappy with the D4 it will be my 5 th in a year I have decided the D4 is junk and going to something else to run out another year of my contract I really appreciate the info from all that really helps a bunch warranty is up on the D4 in a few weeks and another internal speaker is bad!
Thanks again guys
verizon was good enough to finally give me something else to try

Even if the warranty is up if you have insurance through Verizon they should still send you a like new device. Additionally I've read that several people have been offered RAZR's in place of their D4's after several replacements.