Razr Maxx or Razr HD

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I was waiting for the HD and for the battery alone broke down and bought a maxx. Loved my RAZR but now that I have the MAXX I realized it was only puppy love.

pbickel

Reaction score
The maxx does have a bigger sized battery but the HD has the S4 chip meaning it will preform operations better in the end it'll probably last just as long as a maxx or longer.

Sent from my Xoom using Droid Forums

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
The snapdragon s4 is a more efficient processor but the major battery draw is the screen ( look at the battery stats on your phone). If the s4 used one tenth of the power you save squat. The HD has a larger screen equates to more power demand. Smart phones should be rated in screen time not talk time or stand by time.

OP
Wopback

Wopback

Reaction score
lloydstrans said:
The snapdragon s4 is a more efficient processor but the major battery draw is the screen ( look at the battery stats on your phone). If the s4 used one tenth of the power you save squat. The HD has a larger screen equates to more power demand. Smart phones should be rated in screen time not talk time or stand by time.

Good point on the screen. But keep in mind, these are all rumors so far.

I've also heard where the HD may have 3300mah batt and a 13 pix camera. Whichever is true, could potentially make this a "power" phone. But is it going to be drastically different enough to drop the maxx????

I'm leaning towards no (based on rumors).

cbreze

Reaction score
I think my maxx will continue to serve me well into next year and evenpossibly beyond. There's just not that much more a phone can do that the maxx doesn't do for me already. The most all around functional phone. Super battery. What else is there? HD? I don't really need HD. I need LTE. Gonna seem like a new phone when that hits the hood. ;)

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Wopback said:
Good point on the screen. But keep in mind, these are all rumors so far.

I've also heard where the HD may have 3300mah batt and a 13 pix camera. Whichever is true, could potentially make this a "power" phone. But is it going to be drastically different enough to drop the maxx????

I'm leaning towards no (based on rumors).

Rumor has it now that it'll have a 8 meg cam and a 2700 (can't remember the size it had in it when it went through FCC) rumors all we have are rumors. The screen will be 720p 99.9% sure of that hence the HD moniker. I'll probably wind up with one eventually, absolutely if it has a 3300 battery in it. Hell I'll reorder it.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
cbreze said:
I think my maxx will continue to serve me well into next year and evenpossibly beyond. There's just not that much more a phone can do that the maxx doesn't do for me already. The most all around functional phone. Super battery. What else is there? HD? I don't really need HD. I need LTE. Gonna seem like a new phone when that hits the hood. ;)

If I had to live with a phone for the next 2 or 3 years, based on the razr vs. DX it would have been the X, just because I could abuse it all day, throw this maxx into the equation, maxx for sure, droid x with 4g Woohoo.

Reaction score
I don't know if the HD will make it to market or not. Last I heard Motorola is restructuring which include lay offs and slimming of the product line. We shall see I guess.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
The HD is this years Bionic, it'll be the 1st phone of the next wave of phones. And MOTO should slow down as mentioned.

Cinoib

Reaction score
lloydstrans said:
The HD is this years Bionic, it'll be the 1st phone of the next wave of phones. And MOTO should slow down as mentioned.

Slow down? Who and in what business is "slow down" discussed as a business option? The competition is fierce. Slowing down in an industry that's red hot would be viewed as weakness.

If anything Moto was spot on introducing the Razr Maxx because no one even came close to a 3300 mHA battery (save for tablets).

To retreat to a 2200 mHA battery with the HD screen would take away the biggest reason I would buy the Maxx HD.

Moto, you are on to something that puts you well ahead of Sammy, HTC, Sony, and even Apple. For God sakes, press on! Don't snatch defeat from the jaws of victory here.

Brighter screen, bigger battery, 4.5 " screen, Jelly Bean on opening day... I will pay full price out of contract. Unlock the bootloader, omg I feel light headed here.

Don't slow down here. Rev it up. Bring this device to market and Moto might buy Google.

kevins686

Reaction score
I've been reading that the HD will have a 2,500mA battery. Personally I'm too in love with the battery life on my Maxx to think for even a second about moving to something with less juice. And a 13MP camera gives you nothing but bigger picture files and quite likely lower image quality.

Last edited:

thegreatone3

Reaction score
Moto's new ColorBoost displays (like on the Atrix HD) are just gorgeous. I might sacrifice some battery life to get the screen upgrade.

Last edited:

cbreze

Reaction score
If I had to live with a phone for the next 2 or 3 years, based on the razr vs. DX it would have been the X, just because I could abuse it all day, throw this maxx into the equation, maxx for sure, droid x with 4g Woohoo.
With the prices of new phones what they are today coupled with Verizon's new upgrading rules and not wanting to lose my unlimited data, I'll be getting the max life from my Maxx that I can. It just makes good economic sense for me. I'm hoping the battery holds out for as long as I need it. Ultimately I suppose it could be replaced, that might be the time to consider upgrading devices. Hopefully not till 2014 :)

cbreze

Reaction score
a 13MP camera gives you nothing but bigger picture files .
I'm getting big enough pix as it is and they are hard to send via email or to FB. Is there a setting somewhere to shrink the MB's of photos someplace. If so I've missed it. 2MB is a normal size for me with the maxx's cam. Beautiful but to much size.