CNN Releases Android App Made Specifically For Honeycomb Tablets

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you remember, during Google’s Honeycomb showcase in the beginning of the month, one of the tablet-optimized apps demoed was made by CNN. Considering CNN is one of the Honeycomb/XOOM launch partners, the new app showed up in the Market like clockwork for an easily digestible price of free.

The CNN app features a swipable navigation bar on the left-hand side and a grid story layout on the right side. For video junkies, live video broadcasts as well as pre-recorded video segments are provided. Vocal activists among you will find the ability to leave comments satisfying. Widget lovers will enjoy the ability to install a live widget onto their homescreens. The widget utilizes a new flipbook method of information presentation currently available exclusively in the Honeycomb version of the OS.
CNN also highlighted a feature previously unavailable on a tablet device (read: iPad) – access to CNN’s iReport community-generated content, including uploading of video and pictures for iReporters.

Not a bad first go at it, CNN. What do you think, tablet owners?

HamDog

Reaction score
What? No live feed? Or does that take up too much bandwidth for Verizon who doesn't offer unlimited data?

Ok, so we still need that app that makes people say "Damn thats cool! I can't possibly live without that, so I need to go buy a Xoom today!" :)

B

BUFFALOMADMAN

Yea this app is very nice I'm impressed and can't wait to see what other stuff can be done