CM9 Almost Ready for Verizon Galaxy S III, Via Kexec!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
photo.jpg

Austen Dickinson also known as "CVPCS" has announced via Google+ that he has finalized a kexec based boot sequence for CM9 on the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III. Many of you will be familiar with the work of CVPCS. He brought "2nd init" to the DroidX and was the first developer to get CM9 to boot up on that device. That took him several months to accomplish and many DroidX users wondered if it would ever happen. This time it seems as if his CM9 development is going much quicker and smoothly, maybe due to the vast amount of knowledge that has been gained on other projects! This is very exciting news!

You can find all of the info at his Google+ post here

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
He did get CM9 to boot on the device first but never finished it. It died off. Glad hes on board here. Hope it comes out smooth.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
He did get CM9 to boot on the device first but never finished it. It died off. Glad hes on board here. Hope it comes out smooth.

Yeah pretty much everything is dying down on the DroidX. 13thAngel is still developing for the Droid X and some of the other devices from that gen. I have been getting alot of messages from folks who had the X that are upgrading to the SGS3 though.

Valvoline

Reaction score
Yes, lots of DX upgrades like myself! DX was solid for two years,still good to have around as my backup phone. So sad though that were stuck again with a locked boot loader. Smh