CM6 final is here!

millbean

Reaction score
Wallpaper will not change unless I reset the phone every time I set a background

jville95

Reaction score
Me too...anyone got a link to changelog? I would love to go back to cyanogen but the release candidates were slower than all the other froyo roms. I think I'm gonna wait to hear some positive feedback first.

Well I also experienced lag on CM6 RC3. I thought it was my kernel so I pushed it to the max(1GHz) but it was still the same. So now Im on 'Final' and its a little better. Still testing.

Hopefully, the battery life doesn't decrease bc I was gettin 10 hrs EASY on RC3 with light to moderate usage! :)

(will post back with updates later...)

Last edited:

drpaul07

Reaction score

I have been waiting for this stable release of CM :) . I am stock froyo rooted and have never flashed a custom rom before, but I want CM to be the first one I flash. I've never used RM, and so i was thinking of using this zip file with sprecovery. So does this come with the google apps? Or do i have to find those and flash those as an update.zip as well? And if so, where could I find that?

Or would it just be easier to use RM? I've just heard problems with clockwork recovery and stuff so i'd prefer to stay with sprecovery if possible.

Also, i can probably find the answers to these questions, but i'll just ask them here in case someone answers before i find them... does this rom change the baseband? And what froyo build is it?

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
OMF'nG

Are you kidding me? I mean Im happy & all but I JUST got R3 exactly how I want it now I see its in Rom Manager to....Theres goes my Saturday....

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Finally...reboot into recovery :D

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Yes

Damn right I want it, though the wife wont be to happy, I had stuff to do around the house today...lol

Are you kidding me? I mean Im happy & all but I JUST got R3 exactly how I want it now I see its in Rom Manager to....Theres goes my Saturday....

LMAO!!! :icon_ banana: Eh, come one hrdnhvy. Make the switch bro. You know you wanna anyways.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Blackglass

My main question is, will 928Droid's BlackGlass theme work with the final release? Or will we have to wait for that to be updated...ah hell Im gonna try to see if it will work anyway...

drpaul07

Reaction score

I have been waiting for this stable release of CM :) . I am stock froyo rooted and have never flashed a custom rom before, but I want CM to be the first one I flash. I've never used RM, and so i was thinking of using this zip file with sprecovery. So does this come with the google apps? Or do i have to find those and flash those as an update.zip as well? And if so, where could I find that?

Or would it just be easier to use RM? I've just heard problems with clockwork recovery and stuff so i'd prefer to stay with sprecovery if possible.

Also, i can probably find the answers to these questions, but i'll just ask them here in case someone answers before i find them... does this rom change the baseband? And what froyo build is it?

So I downloaded the google addon zip file from the cyanogenmod forums (this is the link.. CyanogenMod-6 for the Moto Droid: SBFWHAT? V6.0.0 (08/27/2010) - CyanogenMod Forum )

So if i just wipe, then install the CM update.zip, then install the google addon .zip (all using sprecovery), will that get me up and running?

OP
N

noo_too_droid

Reaction score
My main question is, will 928Droid's BlackGlass theme work with the final release? Or will we have to wait for that to be updated...ah hell Im gonna try to see if it will work anyway...

i doubt it will work please tell me if it does. Speaking of themes has anyone found any links to themes for cm 6.0.0 after a couple hours of stock theme im really hungering for something exciting! PLEASE HOOK SOME THEMES UP

Codiusprie

Reaction score
Can I delete ADW Launcher. I perfer to use Launcher Pro and it seems that no matter what ADW launcher still runs in the background. Edit: Nevermind. I got it.

Last edited:

AlphaMack

Reaction score
I've been getting quite a bit of lag with ADW as well as Maps continually giving me "Low memory" warnings with the traffic layer enabled. I've tried the following and things seemed to have improved...

- Set heap size to 32m.
- Persistence (via Spare Parts)

So far, so good. Posting this here in case someone runs across similar issues...

Itsheyize

Reaction score
account sync issues

I Have never had any issue syncing with my gmail account until I just loaded this rom. I did a 3x factory reset & cache wipe before loading this rom. It didn't even go into the account sync when it initially loaded..... It just went to the ADW Launcher. I went into the settings and tried to input the information myself. After inputing my information, I got a loading screen as normal, however it took me to another screen I have never seen before.

At the top it said server settings

then Domain\Username (with a field below it and my account name in it)

Password (with my encrypted password loaded in it)

server (with gmail.com loaded in the input box)

(check box checked) Use secure connection (SSL)

(check box unchecked) Accept all SSL Certificates

There is a next button at the bottom of the screen, I just click it. I get a brief loading screen, then an error message comes up saying

"Setup could not finish" - "Unable to open connection to server"

I have never seen this before and I know for a fact my information is correct because I logged into my gmail account on my computer with no problems.... What is going on?