Close browser ?

sownman

Reaction score
Got my X today first impression is real good, quite intuative. First stupid question though. I open browser run around the web then go back home using the home button. When I hit browser icon next its still sitting where I left it. How do you close it ? or do you ?

Thanks

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Welcome! The browser saves you last session for you. Going home is all you need to do. If you'd like to see your homepage the next time you open the browser, press menu, then windows. Then, clost any open windows. It will then load your homepage.

Emitted from X.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
dolphin browser HD allows use of the back key to close it and clear cache. convenient if you ask me :)

OP
S

sownman

Reaction score
Thanks, this is a terrific tool, calling it a phone is an insult

m.oreilly

Reaction score
since the 2.2 update, i can't close open windows in the browser, so if i have multiple windows open, i have to restart the phone to get them closed. i can't figure out why they would not have a way to exit, because then you have a possible resource hog running on a device with limited cpu power/ram, with no way, save a reboot, to kill it, or install a third party app to manage what should be a stock browser option

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
since the 2.2 update, i can't close open windows in the browser, so if i have multiple windows open, i have to restart the phone to get them closed. i can't figure out why they would not have a way to exit, because then you have a possible resource hog running on a device with limited cpu power/ram, with no way, save a reboot, to kill it, or install a third party app to manage what should be a stock browser option

It works exactly the same except there's a - instead of a x in the right. Click the - to close a that window.

Emitted from X.

m.oreilly

Reaction score

It works exactly the same except there's a - instead of a x in the right. Click the - to close a that window.

Emitted from X.
nope, it does not. it just opens that window.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Do you have more than one window open? Not to be rude, but I've done this several times since I updated earlier today and literally JUST did it before I came back to respond.

Emitted from X.

m.oreilly

Reaction score
i just had 5 open, and each time i hit the minus sign, that window popped up,so again, i had to reboot the phone. sucks.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That's odd. This is the stock browser right? Are you having any other issues since the update? I know when 2.1 came out for the d1, people experienced some issues that were solved by a factory reset.

Emitted from X.

m.oreilly

Reaction score
it's stock, but then again, i may need to do a reset. the minus sign is not "lit" like the previous plus sign used to be, so i guess when i hit only the sign, the entire window choice area is highlighted...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Hmm...my minus sign is grey white with a grey circle around it, but I can definitely press that to close or the name of the website to go to that window...

Emitted from X.

m.oreilly

Reaction score
well, after checking around a bit in the menus, under settings and applications, i noticed something i hadn't seen previously...a header menu mentioning running apps (not processes), and i just closed the browser from there. simple, but i still can't get the minus sign to trigger anything but making it's particular page come back up...too lazy to do a reset atm. maybe tomorrow. thank you for taking the time :)