Clockwork Mod Recovery

wamniomniye

Reaction score
i just got a different Droid X and i was able to get it rooted but i cannot get Clockwork Mod Recovery to work it will just boot normal if i click on reboot into recovery. i had this issue on my last one and i finally figured it out but since then my last one broke and i got a new one which has never been rooted it before and i want to try and get to liberty 3 again. can anyone help me as to what i'm doing wrong to be able to not get it to reboot into recovery it does has SU permission i double checked that and i did empty out the SD card and just left liberty 3 on it. i just can't figure out what i'm doing wrong again i am running 2.3.340 and .605 same as my last one that i got to work

Thanks

Reaction score
Get a terminal emulator and type su enter, cat.jpg enter, then use rom manager to reboot into recovery. That's what I have to do sometimes

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That doesn't necessarily work try what I suggested

that cat.jpg... if i remember right... is for miui... brought forth by droidxchat... it's not meant to work on stock...

either do as leftspin suggested... or if you are using droid x bootstrap.... under settings/applications/development/... uncheck debugging

leftspin

Reaction score
That doesn't necessarily work try what I suggested

doesn't necessarily work? in what situations?

the cat.jpg is for ICS MIUI because otherwise you need to use the custom bootmenu to get to recovery. Bootstrap works in any other situation

OP
W

wamniomniye

Reaction score
i still got nothing even with using terminal emulator su then cat.jpg it said cat.jpg not found

OP
W

wamniomniye

Reaction score
it's a stock Droid still just rooted (it was never previously rooted either i was first to root it ) and i had trouble with mine the first time i did it and i never remembered what i ended up having to do in order to get mine to work all i want to do is install Liberty3.0

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
it's a stock Droid still just rooted (it was never previously rooted either i was first to root it ) and i had trouble with mine the first time i did it and i never remembered what i ended up having to do in order to get mine to work all i want to do is install Liberty3.0

If your using Droid x bootstrap: turn debugging off...
If you are using Droid 2 bootstrap: try uninstalling and reinstalling

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

OP
W

wamniomniye

Reaction score
droid x recovery bootstrapper? for 2.99 on market? jw cause i bought it for mine but i didn't think it did anything lol that may b my proble all along

OP
W

wamniomniye

Reaction score
droid x recovery bootstrapper? for 2.99 on market? jw cause i bought it for mine but i didn't think it did anything lol that may b my proble all along

yes it was now i feel retarded Thanks for all the advice guys