1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Reboot into Clockwork recovery

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by Assocracer, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Assocracer

Assocracer New Member

My phone rebooted itself after i was trying to install a theme. Now it just boots and hangs at the DROID screen. I installed Clockwork recovery and flashed it, then made a backup of my rom. Question is, how do you get to clockwork recovery when you are NOT actually trying to get to it from a phone that is up and running? I do the power button and hold down the home key but that appears to only get me to the standard recovery screen and when i try to do a factory reset it won't work. Can someone please explain to me the steps to get to the clockwork recovery from a phone that is basically turned off. Thanks!
  2. detox

detox New Member

try to take out the battery and let it sit a minute or two. That might work for you

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  3. scubieman

scubieman New Member

Sounds like you installed it wrong and bricked it. You may have to flash sbf then reroot phone. Using clockware recovery is not a permanent thing you got to flash each time you want to use it
  4. Assocracer

Assocracer New Member

Got it all fixed, had to flash sbf.
  5. scubieman

scubieman New Member

Sounds awesome good luck.
Search tags for this page

droid x forum reboot into recovery

how to reboot into clockwork recovery

s3 reboot to clockwork recovery