clock work

OP
706woodman

706woodman

Reaction score
hey man most of the updates say ginger bread on them,i must have dreamed the cm 7 up but the first one says update to 4.5.602 firmwear. and contains a new raido file as wellcan install running any rom or firmwear but to get the raido up date to install correctly u must be running a .340 based rom /firmwear (including cm7).I have a full gb 2.3.3 offical sbf file,stuff for the 2.2.1 inclued full (2.2.1)official blur v 2.3.340 and a froyo r2d2 (2.4.0 droidx

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
hey man most of the updates say ginger bread on them,i must have dreamed the cm 7 up but the first one says update to 4.5.602 firmwear. and contains a new raido file as wellcan install running any rom or firmwear but to get the raido up date to install correctly u must be running a .340 based rom /firmwear (including cm7).I have a full gb 2.3.3 offical sbf file,stuff for the 2.2.1 inclued full (2.2.1)official blur v 2.3.340 and a froyo r2d2 (2.4.0 droidx

Ok...since we are unsure of which sbf file at this point, you can either google "all in one installer from gingerbread to cm7 for droidx" find a download link and download it..this is your safest and fast way and believe me its painless...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
706woodman

706woodman

Reaction score
Ok im on DROID life and I see a file to download it says all in one monster file.works regardless of your os o. Your Phone. Gb or 2.2 so is this what I use?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok im on DROID life and I see a file to download it says all in one monster file.works regardless of your os o. Your Phone. Gb or 2.2 so is this what I use?

That's the good site..ok..I am not sure if that's the all in one installer or not..make sure it says it will bring you right to cm7..if not, yes you can use the monster file to sbf..but on your phone you will have to flash them one after another in clockwork..

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's the good site..ok..I am not sure if that's the all in one installer or not..make sure it says it will bring you right to cm7..if not, yes you can use the monster file to sbf..but on your phone you will have to flash them one after another in clockwork..

I'm not sure which way you want to do this..there is the sbf, and the all in one..two different ways..one will bring you to the original dx stock before the ota..and the all in one will bring you back to froyo from gingerbread..installing Cm7 at the same time..

OP
706woodman

706woodman

Reaction score
I really don't understand the sbf,im I going to download e doing this from my phone?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I really don't understand the sbf,im I going to download e doing this from my phone?

Yes..these should be flashable sbf files..if it says 2.2.1 for your dx..download it and make sure you flash it in clockworkmod recovery..it will bring you back to stock, then reroot and all that..don't dl all your apps yet..after you get it rooted..you can flash your backup or use cm7 nightly in rommanager to get cm7

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha, its cool.

Just to let the OP know, nothing is as good as an sbf from a computer. Its the cleanest slate you can start from, so I definitely recommend that if its possible.

CM74DX

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha, its cool.

Just to let the OP know, nothing is as good as an sbf from a computer. Its the cleanest slate you can start from, so I definitely recommend that if its possible.

CM74DX

Yeah, he is limited to the phone I think..he has a computer but uses the phone for service as he is out in the country too!:) I love the country!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, he is limited to the phone I think..he has a computer but uses the phone for service as he is out in the country too!:) I love the country!

Me too, when I use a computer, I have to tether. There are no phone lines out here haha.

Hopefully everything goes well, but it would be good to download the sbf files and put them on the computer, just in case.

CM74DX

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Me too, when I use a computer, I have to tether. There are no phone lines out here haha.

Hopefully everything goes well, but it would be good to download the sbf files and put them on the computer, just in case.

CM74DX

He just texted and said he's dling on the computer then putting on his sd, but I told him its easier just to dl it to the phone but either way I quess? Lol He is nervous as I was when I was going through it..I'm trying to keep him relaxed..that's hard to do as I know how this stuff can be confusing..lol

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
He just texted and said he's dling on the computer then putting on his sd, but I told him its easier just to dl it to the phone but either way I quess? Lol He is nervous as I was when I was going through it..I'm trying to keep him relaxed..that's hard to do as I know how this stuff can be confusing..lol

Yeah, I remember how nervous I used to be... It doesn't matter if he downloads from his phone or the computer. Its probably faster from the computer though.

CM74DX