Clock/Weather Widget

kevins686

Reaction score
Here's your newbie issue of the day:

I was looking for a clock/weather widget that was reminiscent of what I had on my HTC Thunderbolt, so I downloaded Fancy Widgets form the Play Store. But, I can't seem to get it to launch. The directions say a long press on the home screen will bring up a "Widgets" option, but that only brings up wallpaper options. And, when I pull up my apps, under the Widgets tab, Fancy Widgets isn't there; it's only under 'Apps' . . .

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Open it up thru the app drawer first and then try to go back and search under widgets - I know there is a trick to it, but I do not remember it right off hand. If that doesn't work, I will download as well and see if we can get ya going (unless someone else hops in with the right answer before that ;))...

Papaw314

Reaction score
I just now downloaded it and the widgets show up in my app drawer under widgets. Not sure why you're having that problem. Maybe uninstall and try again?

OP
kevins686

kevins686

Reaction score
Or, how about I just reboot the phone, and the app will appear under the Widgets tab? ;-) I remember reading last night when I downloaded another app that I might have to restart the phone for the app to be able to launch, so I did that here, and it worked perfectly!

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
The long press on a home screen to bring up widget choices went away in ICS. It was a feature in GB, the instructions probably weren't updated after ics came out

OP
kevins686

kevins686

Reaction score
The long press on a home screen to bring up widget choices went away in ICS. It was a feature in GB, the instructions probably weren't updated after ics came out

I had grown accustomed to long-pressing on the home screen to bring up an app or a widget, and I can't think of any good reason to do away with it. Hopefully they'll come out with an update that brings that capability back.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
If you use a replacement ICS launcher (Apex or Nova) or even Go Launcher EX - you can have the long press to select widgets or use the app drawer....Also, if you are rooted, Apex also has the widgetpicker function that only lists your widget title and the number of widgets associated with it...i.e. clock - 3 widgets...it is kinda a cool feature so that you are not seeing all of the widgets listed out (only when you select a widget title do you see all of the widgets available but just for that widget)...