clear defaults for notification sound

masiv

Reaction score
After flashing MIUI yesterday, I accidentally checked to default the selection for music when setting notification ringtone for Gmail. I can't find anywhere to clear that default setting so I can use Android system sounds. This setting covers all notification ring tones, not just for Gmail.

Appreciate someone pointing my dumb ass in the right direction

Thanks
:icon_ peace:

EDIT: Running D1-MIUI-1.3.25

Last edited:

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Nice, I'm not the only one who did this

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

phorts

Reaction score

The fix you provided is no longer visible. Was it an image or directions? I've mucked this up for myself and can't find the right application to clear the defaults for.

Thanks for any assistance!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The fix you provided is no longer visible. Was it an image or directions? I've mucked this up for myself and can't find the right application to clear the defaults for.

Thanks for any assistance!

Its directions, and they are available in that post that he linked to which says this:
I think this should work to fix your issue. Go to Settings -> Manage Applications -> All

Scroll down until you can find Music and select it.

Scroll down near the bottom press the "Clear Defaults" button.

Reboot your phone and it should be good.

phorts

Reaction score
My bad, i didnt realize the word "this" was hyperlinked.

I went to manage apps and found music, but the "Clear Defaults" button was greyed out. I "cleared Data" and restarted but that did not work.

I go to change the notification sound in GMail and it jumps to Handscent SMS notification selection (which is the option i chose the first time when i selected "set as default". If i change it here then i change it for SMS, and i want them to be different.

Id even be OK with clearing ALL defaults for the phone but cant find that either. I went through all the HTC services and com services but all of those have the "Clear Defaults" option greyed out.

Can you offer any further insight into this?

bkck2k3

Reaction score
I did the exact opposite. I accidentally set the Android sounds to default. But this thread led me down the right path. You have to follow the same instructions, but clear defaults for "Android System" as opposed to the defaults for "Music".

Kind of scary to think I'm clearing the defaults on "Android System" when all I want to do is choose an MP3 for my ringtone!

Maverick81

Reaction score
Very good Answer

Your answer was very appropriate and led me to the solution i was looking for.
Thanks a lot