Assigning ringtones

Booch_21

Reaction score
Lets see how many of the nice MIUI's can help jog my memory on this.

I believe, up until 12.31, I was able to go in and, when setting a notification ringtone, I was prompted for which program I wanted to run. I believe I always selected Music, and was able to assign default ringtones or select from other sources. I can't do that today on 12.31, and am trying to figure out what is missing, and if I can add that back in.

I had been running Handcent and had a separate notification for texts versus notifications for e-mails, plus having separate ringtones assigned for certain friends when they called.

Someone will have this answer right away and I would appreciate the help on this!

hoppermi

Reaction score
You can set Music for your ringtones using astro file manager. Find the file and long press, then music options/set as ringtone. It will now show up in the list of ringtones.

You can select separate ringtones for MMS and Gmail in the settings for each program.

You can assign different ringtones to contacts on the individual contacts info page.

OP
Booch_21

Booch_21

Reaction score
Actually, none of the above does what I was looking for, but thanks. They all allow choosing from default ringtones. I reinstalled Handcent and realized that that was the program that allowed all of the flexibility. I tried to like the default text program, but can't do it.