Clean liberty install

a86me

Reaction score
Ok so here is where I am at, had my phone for a few months, rooted it, bootstrapped, installed liberty some themes and what not, done the stcyl or whatever its called, and overclocked. What I want to do now is reset to out of the box settings so I can start over because I feel like I have installed a bunch of stuff that's kind of mish mashing my phone. So I am looking for the best way to wipe everything including apps and get to a clean install of just liberty and the apps I would need for basic phone operation. I was thinking this means doing the whole sbf thing to stock then rerooting and all that. Is there a better way?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can try wiping cache/data via Recovery.

swagmonster

Reaction score
Kk bud this is what you need...u need a computer and some time...find an sbf file for the droid 2 just google droid 2 sbf, then download rsdlite ghere is a thread floating around with a complete guide on how to do it I think the threads called triple threat or something

OP
A

a86me

Reaction score
Ok so when I do the sbf that wipes the whole internal data right? And then if i root and bootstrap and make a recovery for that it would be like an image for going back to 0 right? After that say I install liberty is there a guide somewhere about what all I can remove and go to custom apps? IE kill file manager and go for astro, get rid of the bloat amazon, kindle etc?

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
SBF will put you completly back to stock, wiping everything that you've done. A recovery image is not the same as a SBF in the droid x/ droid 2 because of our locked down bootloaders. If you want to go completley back to stock again, you will need to SBF again. Also Liberty toolbox has a feature to remove any and all apps.

Reaction score
Also, Liberty (and most other custom ROMs) doesn't have the kind of bloat you're thinking of (you mentioned Amazon, Kindle, etc.). It does come with things like OI File Manager and the stock Android browser, which I got rid of in favor of Root Explorer and Dolphin Browser Mini. (I'm having second thoughts about Root Explorer, though, since it doesn't seem to launch many types of files for some reason.)