Cigeratte Lighter Car Dock

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've got the oem car dock but don't trust it for that reason. If the suction cup comes loose, and mine did 3 times in a row, couple minutes apart guess what hits the dashboard first? That little plug going into the bottom of my phone. It hit at an angle and unplugged it but not a good unplugging. More like a finger popping in your cheek type unplugging. The cord wasn't bent or damaged but the port was more of an oval shape vs the trapezoid. I'd much rather have a car dock where the phone sat in it like the home dock. This was the previous phone. Now I just rest the phone on the seat or my lap if charging in the car.

vabeach1

Reaction score
Cigarette Adapter did not work nearly well enough.

I purchased and tried the flexible arm in cigarette lighter adapter. It placed the Droid too far away from the car radio and resulted in very poor quality signal. Adapter neck length too short to enable getting closer to radio. After 15 minutes ended up throwing it in the trash. Better solution needed.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm not big on sticky-back tape on my dash but I might be ok with a home dock placed there. Then again, it probably wouldn't be suitable for offroading :)

I'd be happy with a gorillapod by joby.com if I thought I could attach one end to my mirror and the other to the phone. I had one time in crowd where such a getup would have been nice for taking videos while holding the camera up over my head a bit higher too. They have an iPhone clamp so maybe we just need to wait for a Droid attachment.