Droid X car dock question

hedgimahog

Reaction score
I just bought the Droid X essentials pack at the verizon store for $50 which was originally listed at $100 i guess they were just trying to get rid of them after christmas. It comes with a Computer dock, hdmi cable, extra wall charger, car charger and car doc. Since i have an older car there is no place to plug in the audio cable to hear the gps/music on the speakers. I was wondering if there was a way to set a certain radio station to play the audio since the dock is plugged into the cigarette lighter.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
You will need a bit of extra hardware.

There are FM transmitters that will plug into your headphone jack. Many of them are combined with car chargers. Try doing a Google Search for ("Droid X" "FM Transmitter").

sfcjones

Reaction score
FM Transmitters are really a bad way to go, however if you own a older car this is about the only way to do this.....

turdbogls

Reaction score
since you have an older car, does it have a cassette player? go to walmart or something, and grab a cassette adapter. slide the cassette in the player, plug the chord into the headphone jack and you are good to go. this is what i do. i have had some serious problems and terrible audio quality with FM transmitters.

plus cassette adapters are like $8. had my philips one working every day for the last 4 years.