chromecast and google home

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
was just wonder how do they work together as far as streaming to the tv? are you able to give a voice command to open the different apps like netflix, amazon, or whatever streaming services is offered on chrome cast? in other words, can you tell it to open netflix and play soso movie? then move on tell it to open hulu and play whatever?

I do not have either but am trying to get an idea as to how they work together. I was asked at work the other day and realized I know absolutely nothing other than google home can answer questions and turn on lights. never know, I just might get both one of these years.
-----------------------
on a side note, it would be nice if there was a home automation section or at least have a google home forum under google like there is with amazon echo. home automation is related to this forum since most requires the use of a smartphone and an app to setup and use :)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yes, you can tell the Home to play a movie, etc using a specific app (if it's a Home supported app) and then tell it to play it on a specific Chromecast device name. You can do the same with music if you have a Google music cast connected to the same WiFi network.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk