Google Home Can Now Control Netflix On Your TV.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Google Home just gets better and better. It is beginning to look even better than Alexa. Google has just added a few new feature to the new home automation platform. You can now cast Netflix with Google Home. Just say something like, "Ok Google play House Of Cards from Netflix on my TV" and your show will begin to play on the TV! You can also give it commands like, "Hey Google pause this episode". Of course there will be many commands that will work along with Netflix. Google Photos can also be cast to your TV with Google Home now. This update makes Google Home pretty compelling! It should be noted that the commands only work if Google Home is paired up with a Chromecast device.

via Google

duxdad

Reaction score
When I discovered it could not play albums or songs uploaded to the Google music cloud I returned it to Best Buy. Just not quite ready for prime time in my opinion. Hopefully it soon will be.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I agree. I want to get one but Alexa is still kicking it's butt.
I have a CC but we don't use it for Netflix. Ever. Talk to me when Home can run my Roku.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm not sure I agree with his assessment. Mine does a lot of the things he complains about. But to each their own.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea, that's a horrible review.
So he bought a Home and what? Gave his echo away? And I want to see his kitchen. If it was in my kitchen, one side of it would be...yep against a wall. I should put it on the island?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yea, that's a horrible review.
So he bought a Home and what? Gave his echo away? And I want to see his kitchen. If it was in my kitchen, one side of it would be...yep against a wall. I should put it on the island?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
True, even the Echo has a power cord coming out of it. It's not self powered, one side is normally near a wall.

And I have set numerous timers from across the kitchen successfully. Don't need to see the top ring light up, she answers with "OK...Timer is set"

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk