cheapdroids.com is a fraud?

jwahler

Reaction score
Does anyone know if cheapdroids.com is legit? I ordered stuff from there almost a month ago and it still hasn't arrived. I went to the site a couple weeks after I ordered and discovered my stuff is supposedly on backorder. They did not contact me in any way to tell me this. When questioned, all they said was it was backordered and a shipment was on the way to them. Haven't heard from them since.

canvs2321

Reaction score
How did you make payment? Where are they located? If somewhere local, try the BBB or something, or if it's somewhere remote, contact your financial institute(bank, CC,etc)...and see what options you have of getting your money back.

drowe

Reaction score
The whois records show:
Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.

DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (Browser Update Page)
Domain Name: CHEAPDROIDS.COM
Created on: 02-Nov-09
Expires on: 02-Nov-10
Last Updated on: 05-Nov-09

Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration [email protected]
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

The company name doesn't sound promising, but the registrant is in the US.

kristoff125

Reaction score
Amazon, I just looked at cheapdroids, saw a moto car charger for $20, MSRP $30, I got it on amazon for $4 with $3 shipping. 3 of em for $21 total.

papy72

Reaction score
Does anyone know if cheapdroids.com is legit? I ordered stuff from there almost a month ago and it still hasn't arrived. I went to the site a couple weeks after I ordered and discovered my stuff is supposedly on backorder. They did not contact me in any way to tell me this. When questioned, all they said was it was backordered and a shipment was on the way to them. Haven't heard from them since.
They charged you before shipping the product?

mitchb2

Reaction score
eBay seller northwestauctiondrop did the same thing to me. I ordered a Monaco case.
They then put the burden on ME to find out it was backordered, even though they took my money.

Screw them. I got a refund.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This sounds just like a scam company that was in NJ and NY. What they would do is when you order a product from the website that says it's "in-stock", they would place your order on "backorder" status, and never send you the items, and then IF you could get a hold of them, they always stated it would be a long time before that product would come in, then they would try to get you to pay more money to get the item there quicker (which is a scam) or they would want you to upgrade to a different model (which they charged 2 times the listing price for).

That experience in looking for cameras and finding that scam, made me vow never to get anything from a no-name website unless i wasn't worried about ever receiving that product. I just purchase through amazon, newegg, and a few other sites.

EDITED: Just noticed they don't have a direct number to them located on the site, only a form based contact me back form. I will never buy from a company that doesn't at least have a phone number listed. (Apple is one :) )

Last edited:

NoKz

Reaction score
It's a scam. I ran into a similar one with an audio company. They say it's in stock, you order and they say it's back ordered. If you wait longer than 60 days, you can't refuse the CC charge and they get the money. Cancel the transaction, get a refund and let everyone know it's a scam.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's a scam. I ran into a similar one with an audio company. They say it's in stock, you order and they say it's back ordered. If you wait longer than 60 days, you can't refuse the CC charge and they get the money. Cancel the transaction, get a refund and let everyone know it's a scam.

Exactly, the best thing to do in that situation is to refuse the charge if it was a credit card, and then report them to the BBB.

cheapdroids

Reaction score
I am the manager at CheapDroids.com which is owned by Online Wireless Inc. We are NOT a scam. We are located in Tampa, FL. We have our own customer support from 8AM - 10PM EST Monday - Friday. Our support number is on every invoice and email that is sent out when you order from us. If you have any problems you can also email [email protected] which our support checks everyday.

jwahler, please PM me your information and I will look into the status of your order. We had a problem initially where the system wasn't sending backorder emails but this has now been resolved.

If anyone else has had any problems, please PM me and I will take care of it personally.