CheapCast APP Turns Your Spare Android Into A ChromeCast!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
_mg9jf16agm19ciLuPE-5VtA8n5B7W6VjdP5w5qeGpDavWTbhpyAZIpc0Jfk7R7Wzhw=h310-rw

If $35 is just to expensive for a device that basically runs youtube and netflix there is now a cheaper option than the Chromecast dongle. When i say cheaper i mean FREE. The CheapCast app brings the entire Chromecast experience to your device by emulating the chromecast dongle. This allows your Android device to act as target for Chromecast enabled applications. This would be perfect for an Android computer on a stick. This app is still in Beta and has not been tested on every device. It may or may not work on your device.

Using this app is pretty easy all you have to do is install the app and then enable it. Inside the app you can change the name which is used to identify the receiver. This app has also been opened sourced by its developer so we may see more development like this in the near future.

Via Play Store

Reaction score
_mg9jf16agm19ciLuPE-5VtA8n5B7W6VjdP5w5qeGpDavWTbhpyAZIpc0Jfk7R7Wzhw=h310-rw

If $35 is just to expensive for a device that basically runs youtube and netflix there is now a cheaper option than the Chromecast dongle. When i say cheaper i mean FREE. The CheapCast app brings the entire Chromecast experience to your device by emulating the chromecast dongle. This allows your Android device to act as target for Chromecast enabled applications. This would be perfect for an Android computer on a stick. This app is still in Beta and has not been tested on every device. It may or may not work on your device.

Using this app is pretty easy all you have to do is install the app and then enable it. Inside the app you can change the name which is used to identify the receiver. This app has also been opened sourced by its developer so we may see more development like this in the near future.

Via Play Store

Potentially good use for my og droid? Hmmm

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Potentially good use for my og droid? Hmmm

Was thinking the same thing...but probably doesn't have the horsepower. Plus, I'd need an adapter because my entertainment receiver is old. Good use when I retire the Rezound, though...

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I think I may do this for my wife's old Thunderbolt. Out daughter uses it for games but if I can stream cartoons to it, that would be awesome. I have the complete Looney Toons collection. Though I love me some good cartoons, sometimes I don't want to have to watch them too when she does.

Reaction score
Was thinking the same thing...but probably doesn't have the horsepower. Plus, I'd need an adapter because my entertainment receiver is old. Good use when I retire the Rezound, though...

For the hardware inside the OG Droid, it still kept up long after it should have died. That thing is a tank!

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
For the hardware inside the OG Droid, it still kept up long after it should have died. That thing is a tank!

It did. I actually came from OG Droid before I got my D4. My sister had the D2 and I didn't bother looking at D3 since OG Droid was still going strong. Although it was heavy, I love the design and feel of it.

Reaction score

If it can run ics and jb it should be able to do this...

Sent from SS VZW S4 Hyperdrive