Charging issues w/ my 360

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've noticed in the last week that my watch isn't fully charged in the morning after being on the charger all night. The first time it happened I decided to pay attention to how I was setting in the cradle. Last night I was careful to make sure it was securely in the cradle and that it had started charging.

Now, it may be my Newfoundland coming by and disturbing it in the middle of the night, but it seemed to be in the right place this morning when I took it off, but it hadn't charged fully. I will keep an eye on this and report back.

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
make sure the light is on the charger base. i think the watch will start the charge screen regardless if the charger is properly plugged in at either end.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I've noticed in the last week that my watch isn't fully charged in the morning after being on the charger all night. The first time it happened I decided to pay attention to how I was setting in the cradle. Last night I was careful to make sure it was securely in the cradle and that it had started charging.

Now, it may be my Newfoundland coming by and disturbing it in the middle of the night, but it seemed to be in the right place this morning when I took it off, but it hadn't charged fully. I will keep an eye on this and report back.
I had that one day, woke up at 80%. Took it off and put it back on several times but wouldn't go past 80%. Then restarted it and it was fine from there moving to 81% in just a minute or so, and hit 100% in about an hour or less.

I now restart it right before placing on charge every night. Can't hurt and haven't seen the problem again. I am confident it had nothing to do with placement. If it goes into charging mode then you can be confident it's placed properly.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay, I've tried to make sure the watch was charging. However, what I am seeing is my battery being consumed at an accelerated rate. Not sure what is causing it. I did install the launcher that was on the front page last week. I've seen uninstalled that hoping to fix the problem. It appears to be discharging at 12% per hour. which means about 8 hours of usage before it dies. And that is with minimal use.

I might try a reset and see if that fixes it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah.. The g watch has this issue too.. It won't charge unless you reboot the watch, at times.... It's annoying.. I too, thought it was the cradle, so I used a velcro strap to secure the watch and make sure it wasn't coming off somehow...

Reboot for the win... Annoying.. But wear is in its infant stages...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah.. The g watch has this issue too.. It won't charge unless you reboot the watch, at times.... It's annoying.. I too, thought it was the cradle, so I used a velcro strap to secure the watch and make sure it wasn't coming off somehow...

Reboot for the win... Annoying.. But wear is in its infant stages...
Maybe that's why I haven't noticed issues with mine charging. For a while there, I was shutting it off in the evening and getting a full second day out of it. That means booting it back up in the morning every other day.

I'll have to keep an eye on it now that I've stopped that practice.

I've also noticed some faces won't update weather/etc without a reboot sometimes.

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Resetting fixed it. I took it off 4 1/2 hours ago and now its at 84%.

However, now it keeps my phone unlocked. Wasn't doing that before. Hmmm.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Resetting fixed it. I took it off 4 1/2 hours ago and now its at 84%.

However, now it keeps my phone unlocked. Wasn't doing that before. Hmmm.

That's kind of strange that it added itself as a Trusted Device automatically, especially if you didn't want it to be a TD. I have my G watch set as a Trusted Device and it keeps my screen unlocked 99% of the time...every once in a while there is a hiccup.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I haven't seen this problem on the G Watch. Yet.
I've rebooted this thing once since I bought it.

Johnny, re: shutting it off at night to get 2 days. I put it in Theater mode instead of straight shut down. Worked the couple times I did it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I haven't seen this problem on the G Watch. Yet.
I've rebooted this thing once since I bought it.

Johnny, re: shutting it off at night to get 2 days. I put it in Theater mode instead of straight shut down. Worked the couple times I did it.
I did do that one night. I charged it too early before bed and had plenty of battery left, so I put it in theater mode and didn't lose much, if any battery. Basically a low power standby kinda mode by the looks of it. Nothing vibrates and the screen doesn't take any juice.