Battery didn't fully charge overnight

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
This has happened twice this week to me with my S6. I have a wireless charging stand (Verizon branded) that I'll set my phone on at night when I go to bed. And typically when I wake up in the morning the phone is fully charged. I'm usually in bed by 11, waking up at 6...so should be more than enough time to fully charge the phone, even if it were completely dead when putting it on the charger.

This morning when I took the phone off the charger, it was only at 78%. When I put it on the charger last night it was around 40%. I thought the 78% charge was odd so I rebooted the phone. When it came back up, it was suddenly down to 65%!

The other day this happened as well...Monday night I put the phone on the charger with about a 20% charge. When I got up, it was only at 65%.

Any ideas why this may be? Could the wireless charger be on the fritz?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I thought that was normal for Samsung and wireless QI charging? It will go to 100% and then turn off, never turning back on.

OP
IIGood

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
If that's the case, I was not aware of that. Hmmm.

Something I should've mentioned in the original post....this morning when I saw it was only at 78%, I looked at the battery statistics and the graph looked as if it had been charging the whole time since I put it on the charger. So I could see yesterday's battery usage, the dip down to the 40-ish percent, and then the incline to 78. Not like there was an incline to 100, and then a drain down to 78.

Before this, the phone would always be fully charged when I took it off the charger.

OP
IIGood

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
This morning I saw that the phone was at 100% when I woke up at 6 am. I went to bed a little later than usual - around 12:30 - and I put the phone on the charger then with about 40ish percent charge. Weird.