Changing sms default colors

stlblues85

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there's a way to change the default color scheme for sms messages? I just got the D2 and I can't stand the yellow color, haha. I've searched around and the only answer I've seen is to download something like handcent and there seems to be some bugs with that. Thanks in advance

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Dustin.

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there's a way to change the default color scheme for sms messages? I just got the D2 and I can't stand the yellow color, haha. I've searched around and the only answer I've seen is to download something like handcent and there seems to be some bugs with that. Thanks in advance

Been using Handcent for about 6-7 months now, and never really any issues with it. Honestly, if your wanting fully customize your texting experience, go with Handcent.

Best app out IMO.

OP
S

stlblues85

Reaction score
Thanks, I may have to look into that then. If I download handcent, what happens to the default sms stuff? Are there any problems with basically having 2 sms apps on the phone?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks, I may have to look into that then. If I download handcent, what happens to the default sms stuff? Are there any problems with basically having 2 sms apps on the phone?

All you have to do is shut off the notifications in the stock app and then your gold. Handcent is a must imo. Its free so give it a test drive and see if you like it.

OP
S

stlblues85

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, happy to be on android now. Finally getting used to not having an iphone, lol