changing Market Place account???

faithmusic

Reaction score
I just switch over to the droid X (great phone, by the way) and didn't realized when I signed into the Market Place, I didn't use my existing acount info and now I can not access my apps that I purchased.

Is there a way, without re-setting my phone, that I can delete or change the new account and use my original account?

Thanks.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just switch over to the droid X (great phone, by the way) and didn't realized when I signed into the Market Place, I didn't use my existing acount info and now I can not access my apps that I purchased.

Is there a way, without re-setting my phone, that I can delete or change the new account and use my original account?

Thanks.

I don't have a Droid x but I'm sure its probably the same procedure...go to accounts and sync, and add new account, select a Google account and put in the old one...if that doesn't work by itself, delete the other Google account and go to manage applications and clear market data and cache

Droid 1: rzrecovery
Rom: Simply Stunning 5.4
Theme: TruBlue HoneyGingerComb
Kernel: Chevys 1.25Ghz ulv
average linpack scores: 16.8-17.1

OP
faithmusic

faithmusic

Reaction score

Thanks.

I don't have a Droid x but I'm sure its probably the same procedure...go to accounts and sync, and add new account, select a Google account and put in the old one...if that doesn't work by itself, delete the other Google account and go to manage applications and clear market data and cache

Droid 1: rzrecovery
Rom: Simply Stunning 5.4
Theme: TruBlue HoneyGingerComb
Kernel: Chevys 1.25Ghz ulv
average linpack scores: 16.8-17.1

Thanks for getting back to me. My droid x tells me if I delete the google account I don't want, I would have to re-set my phone to the default settings, which is not what I really want to do. Also on the X there isn't an Account and Sync option anymore. Now it's only Accounts. I don't know why that changed.