changing contact pictures

droidmoon86

Reaction score
Can you change peoples picture in the contact list? Mine has facebook pictures which I do not want. If I unsync from facebook do they go away? Or just come back..

JESSLYMK

Reaction score
You can add a picture from the contact app, just hit edit contact. It is the first big box you see. The picture you add there will override the Facebook picture. I am not sure about the other part of your question.

OP
D

droidmoon86

Reaction score
You can't just delete the picture? I don't have one to replace it with and prefer certain ones don't have one.. easier to find who I want

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can't just delete the picture? I don't have one to replace it with and prefer certain ones don't have one.. easier to find who I want
Try this

Open contacts and select the one that has the photo you want to remove. Long tap the contact A new screen should open tap edit contact
The contacts photo should be in upper left. Long tap photo. A new screen opens with use this photo remove icon change icon. I believe you should tap remove. Let me now if this works

Mike

OP
D

droidmoon86

Reaction score
Try this

Open contacts and select the one that has the photo you want to remove. Long tap the contact A new screen should open tap edit contact
The contacts photo should be in upper left. Long tap photo. A new screen opens with use this photo remove icon change icon. I believe you should tap remove. Let me now if this works

Mike

Thanks for the steps, that does help, but it doesn't work for the Facebook pictures. It says "Facebook contact information is not editable on this device". Which is really irritating. I should be have to set up something as basic as my contact list how I want it. I should maybe I could remove the Facebook app, and that would clear the pictures, but I guess you can't remove Facebook? I'm frustrated now. :(

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try this

Mike

Thanks for the steps, that does help, but it doesn't work for the Facebook pictures. It says "Facebook contact information is not editable on this device". Which is really irritating. I should be have to set up something as basic as my contact list how I want it. I should maybe I could remove the Facebook app, and that would clear the pictures, but I guess you can't remove Facebook? I'm frustrated now. :(

Yes that is frustrating. I don't use face book so I'm not sure how to redirect you.

Hopefully, someone else will be able to help.
Mike

DeeMat

Reaction score
Try this

Mike

I could not find a straight up way, but perhaps there is a workaround if you have a blank picture (black or white)... Go to Contacts, select the contact, long press contact name, edit contact, long press on picture, change icon, select pic, save.

Let me know if that works.

Tegamal

Reaction score
I just changed my wife's pic in my contacts & then re-synced my facebook info, the pic stayed as I changed it, so it does work.

Go to your contacts & choose the contact you want to edit. Hold click on the contact & choose Edit. At the top, there will be an icon that looks like a thumbnail with a +, click on that & choose the pic you want. That's it!

DeeMat

Reaction score
Ah, cool. So the picture at the top takes precedence over the one at the bottom.

OP
D

droidmoon86

Reaction score
I did get that to work.. it's just that I need these people to have no picture at all. I need to be able to scroll through my contact and stop when I see a picture.. that way I can identify who the people I call all the time are and not have to get slowed down by past clients and people that I have in there just in case.. or that it brought in from facebook or gmail... if that makes any sense!

I'll try with a blank black/white picture. Maybe I can save the default picture and use that? I just don't understand why that facebook info is locked in.

DeeMat

Reaction score
I did get that to work.. it's just that I need these people to have no picture at all. I need to be able to scroll through my contact and stop when I see a picture.. that way I can identify who the people I call all the time are and not have to get slowed down by past clients and people that I have in there just in case.. or that it brought in from facebook or gmail... if that makes any sense!

I'll try with a blank black/white picture. Maybe I can save the default picture and use that? I just don't understand why that facebook info is locked in.

Do you use the "Favorite" functionality in Contacts? If you simply want to identify who the people are you call all the time, you can add only those people as Favorites and use that tab.

OP
D

droidmoon86

Reaction score
Yes, I do use that. I only have the top few people so that I don't have to scroll.. so it can act like a speed dial usually does. So I guess when I was talking about the other list it's more like a second level of almost-favorites. lol Maybe I'm being too picky :p

ljprevo

Reaction score
Here is the flip side, what if the pics from facebook are not showing up in the contacts list on the phone?

DeeMat

Reaction score
Do the names on your contact list match exactly with the names as they appearon facebook? There cannot be any variation.

ljprevo

Reaction score
Do the names on your contact list match exactly with the names as they appearon facebook? There cannot be any variation.

Yes they do. They are working on my wife's phone fine. I get some that add the pic and some that do not.