changing contact pictures

DeeMat

Reaction score
Do the names on your contact list match exactly with the names as they appearon facebook? There cannot be any variation.

Yes they do. They are working on my wife's phone fine. I get some that add the pic and some that do not.

The only time I have seen that happen is 1) when you purposely removed a contact picture, or 2) when the name does not match exactly (i.e. If your contact is John Smith on your phone but John E. Smith in Facebook, it will not link by itself).

ljprevo

Reaction score
Here is the funny thing, the facebook profiles are attached to the contact on the phone, just their pic does not show in the contacts :icon_ nono2:

DeeMat

Reaction score
Here is the funny thing, the facebook profiles are attached to the contact on the phone, just their pic does not show in the contacts :icon_ nono2:

Weird. If the names match exactly within the two (Facebook and Contacts), then the pictures should show up. Perhaps another member has a solution.

ljprevo

Reaction score
I found a solution. I went in to the facebook app went to menu > Sync Contacts > Remove Facebook data.

Then I went in and re-added the sync and then all the pics showed up.

Possibly it was stuck somewhere. Dunno. :icon_ banana:

DeeMat

Reaction score
I'm glad you found that solution. I actually recall having done that once (but failed to offer it as a suggestion to you).

Sir Serpa

Reaction score
I found a guaranteed work-around that doesn't require unsyncing. This also can be used to add additional numbers to sync'd data. Simply Add a New Contact. When creating, put in the name of the person you want to change. Any information will automatically show up when done, but to set the custom pic, you have to add it when "creating" the new contact. Then go to the desired contact and your desired contact picture should be there. Long-Tap it and select "Use this Picture"

selluminis

Reaction score
Changing pics on contacts

What you have to do is to unlink the facebook contact from the main contact. This will leave you with 2 different contacts for one person though. However, it will allow you to use what ever pic you want to for the contact.

edit contact>unlink contact>choose the facebook one and that is it. Then set your quick dial, or whatever, to the contact that is no longer linked to facebook.

To delete the facebook one you have to take them out of your friends list on facebook. This is stupid. Wish we did not have to link facebook info like this. Oh well.