Macktion

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

This was, without question one of the most encouraging things that i saw on the showroom floor. As I have mentioned at other times, and in other videos, I like to travel light. I also like to travel on USB power. I have 2 USB battery packs that I use on a regular basis, and until now have also had to haul a handful of alkaline, or NiCads of each, and a charger. Our Microphone uses 1 AA battery, and the accompanying recorder uses 2 AAA batteries.

This now puts me one step closer to only needing one universal charger for all of my equipment: The Universal Serial Bus.

Sometimes, its not the huge and amazing new technology that delights you, but the change to an old one that makes you smile.
For those of you who want a closer look, Ill do a review of the pack of AAs that Joe sent me home with, but till then

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
nice idea. I was looking for where to purchase but this now looks like it was meant for one of the bigger companies (Energizer or Duracell) to purchase their idea.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Good idea, problem is when you lose that yellow cap your battery becomes useless.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
1040mAh AA batteries? You can buy 3100mAh rechargeable AA's. I'm definitely willing to carry a dedicated charger for the convenience of tripling my batteries' capacities and having to recharge them three times less often.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Reviews for your link state that those are a scam rating in 1400mah not 3100mah advertised.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Kind of a cool concept and not bad if you've got a bunch of devices that only need 1 or 2 batteries, but what happens with a device that takes 4-6 batteries? Then you're getting into a real pain to get them all recharged. Even if you have spares, a computer only has so many USB ports and a standard wall charger for a phone has one. I suppose you could buy a USB hub that supplies power to each port, but I'm still thinking a dedicated battery charger is the smarter buy if you need more than 1 or 2 batteries per device.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
Reviews for your link state that those are a scam rating in 1400mah not 3100mah advertised.

I just went to amazon and found those. I have numerous 2,500mAh NiMH AA's at home but I wanted to make sure of the rating before commenting as I was at the office when I posted. The point remains that these USB batteries are woefully undercapacitied compared to other rechargeable battery tech.

I suppose it is because so much of the battery's physical size is used up in the USB plug and charging electronics. There just isn't much room left for chemistry.