Cell tower switching

kenpat3

Reaction score
How can find when a cell tower leased by Verizon is supposedly taken over by AT&T. Our only tower in our area.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

JRParsons

Reaction score
Typically towers aren't "taken over" ATT may collocate on the tower if its able to accommodate multiple carriers, which about 90% of towers are able to do.
I doubt Verizon would abandon a location without having another site in development.
I could bore you with the ins and outs of tower ownership and long term tower leasing, but if you can get to the tower there is most likely a sign stating who owns and/or operates the tower with a phone number. I understand that most towers are in remote locations and are not easily accessed.
What state do you live in, I work in site acquisition in New England. (Subcontractor)

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
K

kenpat3

Reaction score
cell tower information

Thanks for the response. It did not make sense for Verizon to drop a tower to me not that there are th
at many users in our area. I did find the owner of the tower and sent an email asking who will be leasing their tower and haven't heard back yet. We live in Northern Michigan and the owner is SBA of the tower.

OP
K

kenpat3

Reaction score
The tower location and info is:
A Study number 2003-AGL-6367-OE Registration number: 1241236 Address: 6173 Hwy M-61 Temple MI

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

JRParsons

Reaction score
SBA operates a lot of towers, they may not volunteer information regarding their leases, if the tower has the height and isn't full with other carrier's equipment it is unlikely that Verizon's leaving. Most carriers are actively searching for and continually adding sights to their network. I'm not going to say that it's never happened but I doubt that any carrier would reduce their network by dropping a coverage area. Most are striving to improve their coverage.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums