why verizon switched to tiered data plans an higher charge rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey guess i thought i would post why verizon is tiering our data an making weird charges the main reason is LTE currently they will not be making there 2013 deadline to cover the 3g foot print with 4g they are currently imho after doing research at the most 2 1/2 yrs behind schedule. Because there CRR ( consumer to revenue ratio) is not enough to upgrade the internal an external LTE infrastructure ie. Cell towers an land lines. So Verizon's last effort to remove unlimited data plans from even the grandfathered customers this next summer an when we want to upgrade is to increase revenue (which dont get confused with profit. revenue is what they use to maintain the company ie upgrades/contracts or business ventures an profit is what is left over ie. bonuses or extra stuff not needed for the company to run).
Hence the reason why they are behind on the LTE upgrade it isnt cheap cuz they essentially have to rebuild every tower in the US to support LTE ie. 800 MHz bandwidth. Also the reason for teired data plans an throttling is to keep the data traffic below the cell tower limit cuz every cell tower has a set bandwidth they can handle an if u go over it like it did where i lived. It causes what is called backlog an backlog sucks. Because it will cause a 3G tower to drop from 1.5 MBs to 80-100 kbs an a 4G from 25 MBs to about 3 MBs give or take a few MBs. cuz the tower cant handle the amount of data an cause it to back up kinda like putting really thick dough in a really small hole. They then have to upgrade the tower to a higher capacity which they can only upgrade it so much an takes about a month to do also i am not supporting verizon in anyway god knows i want to keep my unlimited plan but i also can see why they are doing it cuz if they didnt we probably would not see LTE cover the 3G footprint in half our lift time

zirkdog

Reaction score
How is this specific to the Bionic??? Why don't you post these kinds of things in the general forums?

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
zirkdog said:
How is this specific to the Bionic??? Why don't you post these kinds of things in the general forums?

Cuz i dont have to pretty simple

tennvol

Reaction score
Thanks for cluttering up the bionic section. On the upside I now know what revenue and profit are.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
tennvol said:
Thanks for cluttering up the bionic section. On the upside I now know what revenue and profit are.

Some people dont hence the explanation an its not clutter every saturday at 1:30 am they clean out all the old an locked threads

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Thread moved to general discussion area.

Sent From the Land Before Time...
Tapatalk 2_ ICS Xparent

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.