CD Deck USB Software Compatible with Iphone/Ipods only?

Reaction score
After years of having a CD deck without an auxiliary output, I decided to go all out and buy a deck with not only an auxiliary output but a USB port as well. The joy was short lived when I plugged my Galaxy into the deck and was told there was "No USB". I tried switching the mode to mass storage, and it recognized it as a USB and after a few minutes of reading it failed to make any connectivity. The manual says its recognizable with Iphone and Ipods only.. but I have trouble believing this. Please tell me there's a way to bypass this!!?!

BTW, it's a JVC (KD-R710)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Nothing in the product lit. that says it's iphone/ipod only....

Should work.

cpjr

Reaction score
I would read the instruction manual that came with the head unit.

OP

Reaction score
Yeah it says clearly in the link "made for ipods, works with iphone". Anyways it says there's 3 settings to which you hold the "back" button, you can choose for it to be a head mode, iphone mode and something else (think its exit mode?) regardless, when I plug in my Galaxy, it won't allow me to change any setting through this back button, but if I plug in my friends Iphone.. it does. :(?!?!

cpjr

Reaction score
It mentions iphone/ipad specifically, so I would bet its only compatible with them.

However, since the unit also has a 3.5mm stereo input, you can connect the phone that way, through the headphone jack on the phone. 3.5 to 3.5

Thats what I do.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Sounds like a return......But is does support BT

OP

Reaction score
What a rip off. My hatred for iphone has increased.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
What a rip off. My hatred for iphone has increased.

Whoa....You bought a device before researching if it does what you need and now your ticked?

OP

Reaction score
Yep. Failed to mention on the site that it was apple compatible only. When advertised for something that takes removable harddrives and has a seemingly universal usb port why wouldnt i be trusting. I still think theres a way around it tho. Since when did jvc become apple exclusive.

beachbum25

Reaction score
Not sure if you are still looking but all of the kenwoods work with my D1 and they are fairly cheap with the usb optioned one starting around $110. I couldn't get the sonys or alpines to work with it though. I can't speak for any other phones. I myself would only get a deck with usb because the aux in jacks suck, the sound is terrible but the usb input sounds good and also get good mp3s not crappy recordings. if you are using music junk you can check the quality before you download by looking at the bit rate and file size.