found a great car mount.

Russ2387

Reaction score
hi all. i found a great car mount for the TB. i bought the Verizon one when i bought the TB, and hated it. returned it after a week. after a few weeks of searching i found a thread on a forum {i cant remember which one} saying this mount works for the TB. it was cheap so i tried it. works great! This does NOT work with a case. at least not the seidio case. or the extended battery. {yes i tried it...} but it does hold the phone well. even on bumpy dirt roads. easy access to the usb port. and is flexible. only complaint is the phone cradle doesn't LOCK IN to the mount. it is fairly easy to separate. i have several other mounts including my od1 mount and they all lock in. this may be a defect in my mount. but it still works fine. it also "clicks" into landscape mode. i highly recommend this mount. btw it does NOT put phone into car mode!!!

Amazon.com: Kensington K39256US Quick-Release Car Mount for iPhone and iPod touch--Compatible with iPhone 4 (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Last edited:

crapple_h8er

Reaction score
I found a video on YouTube of someone using this mount with another Droid phone and thought it was interesting...

You Seidio case that wont fit with this mount, is it a pretty bulky case? I've got a slim hard case on my TB, and it would be AWESOME if it would still work with it on there.

Last edited:

crapple_h8er

Reaction score
well if anybody was wondering, it does in fact work with a VERY slim hard case on the phone

it just barely clips in, but it feels really solid

I'm pleased with it, but I'm going to have to use the vent mount it comes with and fab up some way to mount it to the dash in my 2010 F150 (the air vents are too deep for the vent mount to clip onto as-is). the window mount with the suction cup just bounces around too much when driving, and it's hard to make out anything on the screen

by the way, the application in the photos below is Torque. I HIGHLY recommend it if you're a gear-head :)

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

Last edited:

crapple_h8er

Reaction score
I one-upped this mount today :) I mounted the actual phone holding park to my old Garmin window mount that's REALLY stable and hasn't fallen off the window in a year, and it's a winner now!

Sure in the end I paid $15 for just the little part that holds the phone, lol, but it works perfect for me! Plus is completely reversible. I can separate them just by removing the 3 screws I secured them together with, and use the Garmin mount and the Kensington mount as they are suppose to be by themselves.

IMAG0060.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

IMAG0066.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

AND, it still has it's 180 degrees of rotation, and by spinning it around the other way, the camera has a clear view out the front window, so I can make use of the 720 camera :icon_ banana:

[video=youtube;VAS5DJxLzcw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAS5DJxLzcw]YouTube - ‪HTC Thunderbolt car mount 720p video test - 2010 F150 powerbreak burnout‬‏[/video]