Casio® G'zOne Commando

tomaquar

Reaction score
I cant find too much information on this phone. The verizon site says its very durable and resistant to water and breakage. The general reviews seem to be good. Does anyone have experience with them? If so what is your opinion ? Is there a dependable app to interface with itunes? How difficult is it to set up with an new email alert (needed for work) ? Would also like a good GPS for this. Thx

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
I haven't used one but I can answer a couple questions. Double twist is well regarded as a good itunes player/ converter for android phones. Setting up email is very easy within the android os. You simply need the incoming and outgoing server names/addresses and your log in info. The native maps and navigation work extremely well for GPS uses. You can also find apps that will give you coordinates if that is what you are looking for. Any phone or radio that meets or exceeds the military standards is going to be rugged. Just remember water resistant and water proof are two different things. It will be safe from splashes and probably a quick dunking or two but definitely not going for a swim in your pocket. Good luck and I hope you find a phone that fits your needs.

This post is Incredible 2

pookie

Reaction score
My gf and I got one for her 12 year old daughter. She has had it for almost a year with no issues. This girl can wreck anything and that's no exaggeration. She has had multiple itouch's, ruined them all. She had multiple dumb phones, none lasted more than 2 months before somehow getting destroyed. I don't know how, but this G'zone is holding up. She complains about battery life but she never puts the thing down either. She sends over 5000 texts a month.

taz1969

Reaction score
love mine truly tough ! had it in water for half hour never missed a beat! only thing i don't like is Verizon crap on phone ! trying to root but no luck so far !

AZClimber

Reaction score
I had for for a while and the thing that drove me crazy about it was the touch sensitivity of the display was horrible - hence why the made it so durable 'cause you'll be throwing it a lot.