Sony Announces Xperia Tablet Z: Kitchen Edition for $650; Yes... 'Kitchen Edition'

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Sep 13, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    [​IMG]

Here's an interesting new product reveal for all of our Sony tablet fans. Apparently Sony just launched a new version of their Sony Xperia Z Android tablet. This one is called the Sony Xperia Z: Kitchen Edition. I kid you not...

Apparently this "special" version of the device comes with a book-style stand, pre-loaded recipes from Saveur magazine and an iGrill digital wireless meat thermometer. It has 32GB of storage and retails for $650. Here's the full press release,

2. trestevenson

trestevenson Active Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Current Phone Model:
    Huawei Nexus 6P
    Oddly enough, a considerable amount of time on my tablet is spent in the kitchen. I use it as a music player when I'm hand-washing dishes everyday, and my wife uses it to look up and reference recipes when she's cooking. My assumption is that the Tablet Z: Kitchen Edition will appeal to a small niche, however, as $650 seems a bit steep. But who knows? Maybe it'll sell better than many of us expect it to!

3. loonamark

loonamark New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Damn Sony, if you are going to try to trick me into buying a "kitchen tablet" at least give it a stainless steel look so it matches my other appliances.