Cases That Are Available

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
The first day the phone was available, I bought one. The only case available was the minimalist one from Verizon. Better than nothing, I have had that one since day one. It is simply a slip on thin rubber style.

No problems, but I would like to see what is available that others have and see pics, if you have them. I am not needing a giant air mattress that makes it impossible to fit in most pockets, but would like a little more drop protection. I know some companies that do make models that seem like are available for all other brands/models did not offer one for the MAXX HD.

Thanks for the time and help.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello txDoc, I googled it and found a ton of available cases for the maxx HD and the regular HD...lots on Amazon for a decent price...its all in what you're after. Are you looking for something like an otterbox commuter or defender...?

NaturalLightKiller

Reaction score
I have a few different cases and my favorite is the Trident Aegis. It adds a little bit of size but nothing crazy. I like it best because of the rubber on the sides, it's a little grippy but not too much. It does make it harder to slide in your pocket but the nice rubber feel in my hand helps me hold onto it better if I use the phone while I'm walking the dog or something. Only thing I don't like is the little flap that covers the usb port, it makes it harder to plug in.

If you are a real minimalist, then you should get the Androidified Cruzerlite. It barely makes the phone bigger, and it's easy to slide in your pocket but also can feel slippery when you hold it in your hand.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
I also use the Trident Aegis and I am very pleased with it. I work inside and outside and do a lot of bending over patients and equipment. I keep my phone in a deep chest pocket in my sweatshirt and the rubber on the side of the case keep it in place. On the flipside, when I'm not working I keep the phone in my pocket and have no issues pulling it out or putting it back in. I also like the covers for the open ports on the phone, helps keep water out during rain or snow. Unlike NLK above, I generally don't have problems plugging mine in to charge. First off I don't have to do it that often (yay MAXX) :icon_ banana:, and second I don't use plugs with overly large casings around them. I won't keep it for the full two years I'm sure, but long enough to get my money out of it ($9/Ebay).

jojo_blu

Reaction score
I like the shell / holster from the verizon store. (although i got mine on ebay or amazon)
it adds very little size weight to the phone. it doesn't have any rubber on it. rubber cases pull your money out of your pocket when you pull your phone out. i lost $100 bill 1 X pulling a cell phone out of my pocket that had a rubbery case on it.
& i like the kick stand for watching videos.
View attachment 61586

24c

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID TURBO
Agree with Jo-Jo_blu, had this case on my phone since day 1 and no complaints.

johniii

Reaction score
i am using an otterbox case,nice but i like laying my phone on the dash while driving but with this case it slips and slides.That can be fixed and the case is awesome.

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Thanks for all the info. Much of this I had no idea about. I am looking and thinking. :biggrin:

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
I also agree with post #7. The Verizon store shell holster case is on both my DRMHD and my wife's RM. Great cases. Not the protection of the Otterbox Defender, but not the bulk of it either.

Reaction score
I have one of these from Verizon that I would be happy to sell! I used it for 2 days until My Otterbox arrived!

see post below..I meant to reply with quote...sorry, I am a Droid Forum Virgin!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I like the shell / holster from the verizon store. (although i got mine on ebay or amazon)
it adds very little size weight to the phone. it doesn't have any rubber on it. rubber cases pull your money out of your pocket when you pull your phone out. i lost $100 bill 1 X pulling a cell phone out of my pocket that had a rubbery case on it.
& i like the kick stand for watching videos.
View attachment 61586

Sorry, meant to reply with quote.....I have this case from Verizon and would be happy to sell it ---reasonable! I used it for 2 days while waiting for my otterbox to arrive!!