Car radio and droid

bnbpaintballer

Reaction score
What do I need to play the songs on my droid through my car speakers. My truck/car is not bluetooth capable. Lokking for a plug and play deal.
Thanks,
Brian

kountryj

Reaction score
you can use a fm transmitter. my car has a cass deck in it so i just have one of those wired adapters. haven't had any problems out of it at all.

kountryj

Reaction score
does your cd player have an aux jack? you could get a fm transmitter too.. haven't really used one before though

Dr01d

Reaction score
What do I need to play the songs on my droid through my car speakers. My truck/car is not bluetooth capable. Lokking for a plug and play deal.
Thanks,
Brian

I've had great luck with this.

MOTOROKR T505 - Motorola

It's a bit pricey but I have never regretted it. Be sure the media volume is up all the way on your phone when you use it and that the fm channel the device chose will stay free of regular transmissions where you are going. Meaning if you are driving 40 miles, and the device chooses to transmit to 88.7 at the start, be sure that station doesn't begin to pick up live radio as you travel.

As long as I am conscious of those two things, my experience is excellent. :)

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just went old school and got the cassette tape that plugs into your headphone jack on your Droid, It works! That's all I care about

Dmoralize

Reaction score
In both of my cars, I pulled the radio out and installed auxiliary inputs. So now I just have a hidden cable running from the radio into the center console and I can just plug my droid or mp3 player right into it. It can be a little cumbersome ripping the dashboard apart depending on what car you have, but it's worth it for the sound quality. And you can probably find some nice tutorials or forums explaining the process for your specific car.

I was sorta lucky in that both cars had radios that were satellite ready, which allowed me to buy a simple unit that plugs into a port on the back of the radio and allows me to run a regular audio cable to the center console. The solution to your particular car could be a little different.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd seriously suggest looking for an aux input to add on and leaving the FM transmitter as a last resort (unless you live out in the country where there are few radio stations).

What's your make/model/year?

justbob

Reaction score
FYI, some OE radio makers will mod your stock radio to add an aux input jack. I know for a fact that Becker (who makes radios for Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, Land Rover, and Harley-Davidson) will add a jack to your stock radio for about $100. I just had them do mine and and it looks and sounds great.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I'd seriously suggest looking for an aux input to add on and leaving the FM transmitter as a last resort (unless you live out in the country where there are few radio stations).

What's your make/model/year?

Yep, in my experience, FM transmitters are EXTREMELY disappointing. If you're on a limited budget, maybe that all you can do...but an aux input (or bluetooth) is a MUCH better alternative.

If you give us more info on your vehicle and the stereo that is in it, we can give you more specific alternatives.

iPirate

Reaction score
I use an FM transmitter. I guess I got lucky because I can use it anywhere in my city and the 200 mile drive(without changing the broadcast station) I take several times a year without getting distortion.

This is the one I use: Amazon.com: Virtual Reality Sound Labs Mod Pod Wireless 4 in 1 Power Inverter and FM Transmitter: Electronics

I extended the antenna some with a piece of wire and I keep it in my armrest. No problems at all so far! If you don't have a concealed power socket or some way to hide this beast, I wouldn't recommend it because it is pretty ugly. Unless you don't care about looks. :)