Car radio and droid

RACEME

Reaction score
I have a 99 civic. Is there any option for the factory radio.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I have a 99 civic. Is there any option for the factory radio.

I recommend the USASPEC iPOD adapters to everyone who asks...the reason is that I personally use one in my Volvo and it works FLAWLESSLY. Installation takes about an hour.

Have a look at this

USA SPEC PA11-HON - iPod in-vehicle interface adapter

It adds an ipod interface and an AUX input. Downside: $94. Double check the usaspec website to make sure it'll fit your car before you buy though.

I paid $119 for mine and to me it was worth every penny.

jdubbya

Reaction score
I just hooked my Droid up to a USB Pioneer deck. It charges through usb too, you have to plug it in and quickly pull down the menu and mount the card as a drive. After that it reads the files on the card.

For Pandora and those types of apps, you need an aux in.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Question:

I currently have a factory installed radio in my '06 Elantra - no Aux input.
If I buy a deck with a front Aux input will I be able to hear telephone conversations through the speakers.. essentially using it as a speakerphone that way?

This is the one point I"m not 100% clear on yet.

I'm looking at a Sony CDE-100 - it's cheap and if I can hear my calls through the system then thats the way I'll go rather than spending $200 on something that is BT ready.

Nickmast

Reaction score
Question:

I currently have a factory installed radio in my '06 Elantra - no Aux input.
If I buy a deck with a front Aux input will I be able to hear telephone conversations through the speakers.. essentially using it as a speakerphone that way?

This is the one point I"m not 100% clear on yet.

I'm looking at a Sony CDE-100 - it's cheap and if I can hear my calls through the system then thats the way I'll go rather than spending $200 on something that is BT ready.

Yes, that will work exactly how you want it to. All you need is a headunit with a Aux-In.

wil318466

Reaction score
I can attest.. if you live in a city, FM transmitters just straight up 100% suck.

Static, they cut in and out... I'm not saying don't give it a try, but if you really want solid sound coming out of your speakers, you should get an AUX input.

-Wil

Guchi

Reaction score

I can attest.. if you live in a city, FM transmitters just straight up 100% suck.

Static, they cut in and out... I'm not saying don't give it a try, but if you really want solid sound coming out of your speakers, you should get an AUX input.

-Wil

I 100% agree with an aux in being the best, but as i have tried several FM transmitters in the past including my wifes lg chocolate that has one built in i promise these actually WORK well it actualy can block out strong radio stations like 90-95 percent and if you tune to a station that has just static it is almost cd like, almost(but VERY acceptable and i am somewhat of an audio snob, i will not let my wife use the chocolate to strean through FM it is flat and crackly.)

i live in a city of only 1/2 a million people though so in "big" cities this may not work as well as it does for me

xRITE AIDEx

Reaction score
Im confused though(Just got the droid sunday) and I use the car recharger when im in the car usually and I usually just turn on pandora and turn the car volume down. How exactly would I plug this in and such like if I were to buy that $20 one posted above. Thanks!

OP
B

bnbpaintballer

Reaction score
I drive a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS. I am not very technical and the fm transmitter seemed simple. My brother in law used one for his IPOD and it always seemed ok. Let me know what the other options are and I will see what happens.
Brian

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
FM Transmitters blow... at least in NY. I've tried two different models, neither cheap and my trip upstate was frustrating as hell. Eventually I gave up and listened to XM. I am buying an Aux adapter for my MDX.

vatothe0

Reaction score
A good "alternative" to an fm transmitter if you want to use your current deck is a direct fm modulator. It goes on your antenna lead and pipes fm directly into the line. Sounds just as good as perfect fm radio can be.

Used one for a year with my ipod. Has a mini plug so you can use just about anything.

PatG

Reaction score
FM Transmitters blow... at least in NY. I've tried two different models, neither cheap and my trip upstate was frustrating as hell. Eventually I gave up and listened to XM. I am buying an Aux adapter for my MDX.

I currently have an MDX and an FM Transmitter. It works OK some of the time, but it does suck. What kind of AUX adapter are you looking it? Also, my MDX has bluetooth and I have the phone connected to it. Why can't I stream music over bluetooth to the speakers?